Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Nebraska vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

We'll likely pick up some first place votes regardless at this point but UGA is losing 17-10 to Auburn and auburn has the ball. Been saying it since last season ended, we were the only title contender returning our QB. Last year was a missed opportunity but this year it feels like it's their's to lose.

Georgia 98 or 99 yard drive to tie the game 17-17

Last edited:
That is a sweet, beautiful memory whomever that commentator is, from two years ago.

I will never forget, being pretty much home in Saline, about two or 3 miles from Michigan Stadium-watching Michigan at home in the snow as it falling.

The snow was falling on the television, and the snow is falling around us, as I watched Michigan shove the the football right up Ohio State?s ass.
I am going to remember it as one of the most beautiful moments in my life.

Robert Frost couldn?t have written anything more beautiful.

In 1941 Michigan was replacing running back Tom Harmon So I just heard this is the first time since 1941 the Wolverines first five opponents have been held under a touchdown or less , and Michigan lost in that stretch 7-0 to Minnesota who would go 8-0-0 and by ranked #1 at the end of the year. Gophers would beat Michigan 9 years in a row. That all ended in 1943. Michigan rips off 58-12-1 since 1943 (if I counted right) Michigan leads series
76-25-3. Longest streak 16 for Michigan 1987-2004 and 9 for Minnesota 1934-42.

Is this right ? Did anyone hear this on Btn. I think that is what I heard.

2023 Michigan
30-3 ecu
35-7 unlv
31-6 bowling green
31 -7 Rutgers
45-7 Nebraska

1941 season.
19-7 Msu
6-0 Iowa
40-0 Pittsburgh
14-7 at Northwestern
0-7 Lost Iowa
20-0 at Illinois
28-0 at Columbia
20-20 Osu
6-1-1 ranked 5th in the country . After Osu game Pearl Harbor gets bomb
15 days later.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1941_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team

Look at when the season started in 1941. (September 27th)

Last edited:
Matt Rhule was underwater from Day One as an NFL Head Coach as it was, and he was given too many other responsibilities (apparently final say on player personnel). His pressers after Panthers' losses were sad reminders of his shortcomings at that level. He is a good guy, though, and I hope that he can resurrect the NU program from the ashes of the burnt-out cornfields. NU fans are a singular collective of an obsessed entity where the entire organism suffers as NU suffers. It's an odd dynamic there. I've Lincoln had car dealers tell me that sales suffer after a Nebraska loss. With the prolonged ineptitudes we have all witnessed for the last 25 seasons or so, it's a wonder that Nebraska is still a state.

Last edited:
Matt Rhule was underwater from Day One as an NFL Head Coach as it was, and he was given too many other responsibilities (apparently final say on player personnel). His pressers after Panthers' losses were sad reminders of his shortcomings at that level. He is a good guy, though, and I hope that he can resurrect the NU program from the ashes of the burnt-out cornfields. NU fans are a singular collective of an obsessed entity where the entire organism suffers as NU suffers. It's an odd dynamic there. I've Lincoln had car dealers tell me that sales suffer after a Nebraska loss. With the prolonged ineptitudes we have all witnessed for the last 25 seasons or so, it's a wonder that Nebraska is still a state.

It?s the 1997 curse of Scott Frost.

Like the curse of the Bambino, or the 1908 Cubs curse of the goat, who knows when it will end?

Not in my lifetime, I hope.

Back