Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official New ][V][ichigan Head Coach Search Thread

I tried really hard to support RichRod. I am trying really hard to support Mr Fergodsakes. But for fucksakes this is rifuckingdiculous.

I'm beginning to think Hoke is like the Tommy Amaker of football.

I've never wanted a coach fired more than I want Brady hoke the fuck away from this program.... I'd rather see backyard football (no coach) than see him on the sideline...

Last edited:
Clever idea from MgoBlog: "Rehire RR. We never should have fired him."

A comment on the Michigan Football Facebook page I just saw, "You put your QB in, you take your QB out, you put your RB in and you shake em all about. You do the Brady Jokie and you clap your hands around, that's what it's all about." LOL

A comment on the Michigan Football Facebook page I just saw, "You put your QB in, you take your QB out, you put your RB in and you shake em all about. You do the Brady Jokie and you clap your hands around, that's what it's all about." LOL

Ouch.

Sometimes the truth hurts, though.

An under the radar hire. Teryl Austin the d coordinator for the Lions. If being a Michigan Man is a necessity(Brandon's still around) he served here for 3 years as a defensive assistant under Carr. Was the d coordinator for UF in 2010 and has been a defensive back coach in the league for many years.

An under the radar hire. Teryl Austin the d coordinator for the Lions. If being a Michigan Man is a necessity(Brandon's still around) he served here for 3 years as a defensive assistant under Carr. Was the d coordinator for UF in 2010 and has been a defensive back coach in the league for many years.

He's also a Pitt guy, and was passed over for Todd Graham and then Paul Chryst.

I'd love him as a DC though for the next HC.

Vic, has your mug always been upside down or did you just do that?

Lol distress!!! ;-)

What else is scary, is that in 2008 Michigan was coming off another season in which its last game of the year was for a share of the Big 10 title, and two years prior came 3 points on the road against the #1 team in the country away from playing for the BCS Title and STILL couldn't pry away a "Michigan man" (though LSU's trip to the BCS Title game kept Miles away I think more than any action on the part of UM), nor could it pry a guy who'd won where winning didn't happen often (Schiano).

In 2014, now with all the crap going on around the program, and add to it the debacle that was the last time UM went "outside the family" and I'm just at a loss for what to do and where to go looking. Miles will feign interest to get more money (again), I'd be shocked if Jim Harbaugh comes back to the college game after getting so close to the Holy Grail and losing it to his brother, and the Michigan fan inside me was relieved to hear that John Harbaugh wanted to cut Ray Rice. The only thing that gets John Harbaugh here is that he won his Super Bowl, may be fed up with not only the NFL culture but also nervous about all the scrutiny the league will be under for awhile now, and maybe being given full control over roster and personnel after working for some pretty big ego types in Biscotti and Newsome in Baltimore.

But even with all that, it's still a better job than Michigan.

IMO, Miles=.01% chance. Jim Harbaugh=.05% chance. John Harbaugh=1% chance.

Last edited:
Stop this michigan man business it has gotten way overused from what it meant when Bo said it or when hutch says it now

I remember Austin's name

I just think some other judges of talent should be on hiring committee

What else is scary, is that in 2008 Michigan was coming off another season in which its last game of the year was for a share of the Big 10 title, and two years prior came 3 points on the road against the #1 team in the country away from playing for the BCS Title and STILL couldn't pry away a "Michigan man" (though LSU's trip to the BCS Title game kept Miles away I think more than any action on the part of UM), nor could it pry a guy who'd won where winning didn't happen often (Schiano).

In 2014, now with all the crap going on around the program, and add to it the debacle that was the last time UM went "outside the family" and I'm just at a loss for what to do and where to go looking. Miles will feign interest to get more money (again), I'd be shocked if Jim Harbaugh comes back to the college game after getting so close to the Holy Grail and losing it to his brother, and the Michigan fan inside me was relieved to hear that John Harbaugh wanted to cut Ray Rice. The only thing that gets John Harbaugh here is that he won his Super Bowl, may be fed up with not only the NFL culture but also nervous about all the scrutiny the league will be under for awhile now, and maybe being given full control over roster and personnel after working for some pretty big ego types in Biscotti and Newsome in Baltimore.

But even with all that, it's still a better job than Michigan.

IMO, Miles=.01% chance. Jim Harbaugh=.05% chance. John Harbaugh=1% chance.

Its unbelievable, but even for all its resources, this isn't a very attractive job, for lots of reasons.

Back