Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Outback Bowl - Michigan vs South Carolina - Prediction Thread

TheVictors

About 9yrs ago I worked with a really cute, blonde marketing assistant who was a graduate of the University of South Carolina or, USC, as she and her husband whom she'd met there called it.

She was totally cool but from a small town in Indiana originally and had a funny story about her first summer home from college. Walking down to head out for the night wearing one of those shirts you get during your Freshman year like "Noter Dame Sucks" with a leprechaun depicted in a compromising position or even the ever-popular "Co-ed Naked Lacrosse," Ann's "GO COCKS!" t-shirt drew a shocked look and word of warning from her Mom ...

"Ann, honey. I don't think Anderson, Indiana is ready for that shirt."

The Cocks come into The Outback Bowl sporting a 10-2 overall record and a #10 ranking in the Polls. With Conference losses to two other superawesome SEC teams - LSU and Florida - the "experts" have no doubt whatsover which team will win the Outback Bowl and it ain't Michigan. En route to their 10-2 mark, USC beat the #5 Georgia Bulldawgs as well as #11 Climpson. The average line in Sin City has the Cocks favored by a touchdown at MICHIGAN +6.

But don't sleep on The University of Michigan Wolverines just yet, Las Vegas ...because we've heard this story before. Michigan is (24-10-1) all-time against SEC teams and (1-1) against the Cocks; a team Michigan hasn't faced since Reagan was in the White House. Over the past 10 Bowl games pitting the perma-hyped SEC against the University of Michigan, the slow and overmatched BigTen icon is a very un-Ohio* like against the SEC (7-3), with many of those wins coming as the underdog.

So post your predictions and some supportive analysis and what the hell ...how about some clever whoofing and barking about the opponent too!!

... It is, after all, the final game of the year.

~Vic

south+carolina+gamecocks+04.jpg

Well, we know what gets her fired up!

F@!$ those overrated inbread $EC schools and their little clowney cocks too.

UM - 35 SC - 14

Cocks 31
U of M 17

I have not been a fan of our OL all year and I dont think this game will make me change my mind.

I have no confidence in our OL or our gameplan from our OC. SC's weak offense without Lattimore keeps it winnable and low scoring.

UM - 17
SC - 14

Both teams have strong defenses. Think this will be a low scoring defensive struggle. Hope I am wrong and Michigan blows them out.

UM 14
SC 10

GO BLUE!

Not really sure...I hope we don't get crushed...That said i cannot pick against us ..

Michigan 29
SC 17

I'll post some picks from South Carolina fans who texted me:

Miss So Car:

"Um, I personally believe, such as, Michigan will score points, and the like, and South Carolina will have such as, points itself. And like, such as, like, like like."

miss-south-carolina-caitlin-upton.jpg

Back