Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official PennSt vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
who said anything about Michigan beating Alabama or Tennessee by 27? You're arguing with yourself here, Schizo

Uh, you did. In the same post where you first made the incredibly stupid argument about throwing out the rankings when assessing rankings?

take the rankings away and TN's win was not impressive. the outcome was a toss up, neither team played well; Alabama in fact played like a pile of dogshit.

That muffed punt return was one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen a football player make, at any level. Plus they set a school record for penalties I think.

I don't know if we could beat them at the end of the season, but right now I'd wager we would steamroll either

Unless ?steamroll? means something other than beating a team by multiple scores. LOLOLOLOLOLOL - it?s amazing to me how frequently you step on piles of your own shit.

Edit: my favorite part is how you qualify this claim with ?I don?t know if we could beat them at the end of the year?? you know, the only time you?d ever actually play them, but you?re confident you?d put a beating on them right now, when you would never actually face them. I bet the first thing Kirby Smart said to his staff and players after the National Semifinal was something like ?I?m sure glad we didn?t play those guys in October!? Lolololololol.

Last edited:
Why is everyone so worried about where we rank right now? Polls don't mean shit right now. Beat sparty, win out until OSU (avoid trap of Illinois) and beat the buckeyes im columbus and we'll be #1 or #2 heading into the playoff. Lose any of those games and we are lucky to get a #4 seed. Our destiny is in our own hands and being ranked 1, 2, 3 or 4 does not matter right now. Fuck tennesee,clemson, bama and all the others. We're in control. Win and we're in. Lose and we need to hope others lose.

Right.

This is what I posted in #299 and #306.

TN beating UT Martin 52-7 in the first half. Very impressive. Justifies that #3 ranking in some people's minds I am sure. I wonder if TN will keep their starters in for the 2nd half?

Clemson losing to Syracuse at the half 21-10, I wonder if Syracuse will jump Michigan if they win the game.

TN beats up on UT Martin 65-24, and gets rewarded in the rankings. Such bullshit.

This is probably the first time any team has ever been passed in the rankings during a week where they didn't play. This blatant disrespect is just more evidence of the college football world's anti-michigan bias.

This is probably the first time any team has ever been passed in the rankings during a week where they didn't play. This blatant disrespect is just more evidence of the college football world's anti-michigan bias.

yeah, you're 100% right

Well, unfortunately Sparty is going to have to pay the price for this. Michigan is going to have to thrash Lil brother even worse than TN beat UT Martin to get the polsters to get their head's out of their collective asses. So sorry for Sparty!

You quoted the wrong post - that one was sarcasm. Post #341 was 100% accurate though - odd that you're ignoring it.

no, I just don't like arguing semantics & going in circles for hours with people who have nothing better to do

no, I just don't like arguing semantics & going in circles for hours with people who have nothing better to do

I was wondering how you would embarrass yourself further, good to know you chose deflection - a weak attempt at deflection since clearly you're the one that would be splitting hairs here if beating a team by 27 is something significantly different than the steamrolling you would give AL or TN right now, but maybe not at the end of the year.

So just to be clear by "semantics," you're saying that steamrolling doesn't include beating either by 27? or do you think me saying you claimed uofm would basically do the same thing to AL or TN that they did to PSU (which you clearly did claim - that's obvious), I was literally saying you would beat them by exactly 27 points, so technically you never said that? How much less than 27 could uofm beat them by and still count it as steamrolling?

What exactly did you mean when you said you'd steamroll either one of them right now, but maybe not at the end of the year (sorry if that sounds repetitive, but it's my favorite part)? Or can you not answer that because it's semantics?

You want me to argue whether "I don't know if we could beat either team at the end of the season but I'd wager right now we could steamroll either" means I'm claiming we'd beat either of them by 27 pts?

How about NO?

You want me to argue whether "I don't know if we could beat either team at the end of the season but I'd wager right now we could steamroll either" means I'm claiming we'd beat either of them by 27 pts?

How about NO?

LOL, no. No one said anything about an exact score or differential - you're just trying to misrepresent my point rather than defend your really dumb statement. I just want to hear you make a bigger ass of yourself explaining that steamrolling AL or TN is somehow different from what you did to PSU and that was somehow obvious to anyone else who read that utterly stupid post. Or maybe you can entertain us with some logical gymnastics to explain that "steamrolling" (obviously) meant just beating them whether by 1 point or 27 points or anything in between or beyond.

Last edited:
us? You're the one arguing with everyone else in the thread over stupid shit, like a complete jackass.

Well, unfortunately Sparty is going to have to pay the price for this. Michigan is going to have to thrash Lil brother even worse than TN beat UT Martin to get the polsters to get their head's out of their collective asses. So sorry for Sparty!

you definitely have a chance, that's for sure. Like I said before, uofm doesn't always beat MSU when we're bad, but that's the only time they do. But I doubt beating MSU will get you a rankings bump. They're probably going to have to beat osu (which is unlikely), or TN will have to lose - you know, because of the anti-uofm conspiracy, disrespect and all that.

Last edited:
us? You're the one arguing with everyone else in the thread over stupid shit, like a complete jackass.

yeah, that's also not true. We're mostly having a friendly discussion about whether or not TN should have passed uofm in the rankings - there's some mutual trolling and sarcasm for sure but it's a mostly friendly argument about something that doesn't matter, as often happens on this forum. You're the one who is getting their panties in a wad because you got called out for saying something monumentally stupid, forgot you said and tried to deny it, then resorted to insults and name calling. Par for the course. At least you seem to admit what you said about steamrolling either AL or TN was some really stupid shit.

you definitely have a chance, that's for sure. Like I said before, uofm doesn't always beat MSU when we're bad, but that's the only time they do. But I doubt beating MSU will get you a rankings bump. They're probably going to have to beat osu (which is unlikely), or TN will have to lose - you know, because of the anti-uofm conspiracy, disrespect and all that.

Funny.

I like Michigan?s chances in the Shoe this year better than most do - obviously I think and I hope this team is only focused right now on getting revenge against your always dangerous rival Spartans.

I think last year?s win against the Buckeyes should have changed the mindset. The players from the years of dominance are gone. Nobody going into The Game is going to remember being a part of any of that. What players on both teams are going to remember is Michigan pushing the Buckeyes around all over the field all game long.

you definitely have a chance, that's for sure. Like I said before, uofm doesn't always beat MSU when we're bad, but that's the only time they do. ...

I love this line of "logic" from MSU fans. It's a good thing for us that your team is bad most years, I guess.

I love this line of "logic" from MSU fans. It's a good thing for us that your team is bad most years, I guess.

You're the guy who thinks beating an overrated psu means uofm would steamroll Alabama and Tenn. Your opinion on "logic" of anyone?s argument isn't really meaningful.

In the last 15 years where uofm is 5-10 against MSU (Harbaugh 3-4), the best MSU team uofm has beaten was 5-4, the rest were all sub.500

Last edited:
Funny.

I like Michigan?s chances in the Shoe this year better than most do - obviously I think and I hope this team is only focused right now on getting revenge against your always dangerous rival Spartans.

I think last year?s win against the Buckeyes should have changed the mindset. The players from the years of dominance are gone. Nobody going into The Game is going to remember being a part of any of that. What players on both teams are going to remember is Michigan pushing the Buckeyes around all over the field all game long.

I hope they win too and will be cheering for the them. I'm just not optimistic about it. Last year osu's defense was the worst they put on the field in a long time and they started 4 tackles on the o-line and tried to throw the ball in high winds and rain or snow. Their running game is still not great but not many teams can match up with their receivers. If Stroud isn't pressured, it's going to be tough to stop them.

From what I hear though, you have the most fundamentally sound football team in the country and you'd certainly steamroll them right now. The real problem is, you play them at the end of the year when steamrolling great teams is less of a certainty - because logic.

And how did the weather affect last year's game? I'm fuzzy on that one.

watching one team control the line of scrimmage for practically an entire game is - in my mind at least - like the most BASIC way to understand which team is better. like if you can do that, you're the team that's going to win most games... the other team only wins on lucky bounces or fluke plays.

I'd think any football watching adult could grasp that after watching a game, but I forgot "the spartanmack principle."

Kinda like how Penn State was ahead briefly in the game, even though they had 1 first down compared to 20 and almost every drive was a 3-out.

LOLOLOL, even you're own president gives credit to the weather for last year's win...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back