Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Round 1 Draft Thread

The best way to stop the passing game is pressure up front.

The best way to improve an offense is give the QB time to work.

Any move that helps keep Staffords jersey cleaner is a good move in my book, and this guy can play.

Best way to improve an offense is to have an elite QB.....but obviously that isn't an option. I like the picks. We need to compensate for our weakness, trying to do it.

Personally would want to build on a very good defense, the reason we won last year, but they desperately want this to be an offensive team for some reason.

Mayhew had a chance to really impress me today. Finally pull of a trade down. Gain 2 picks. And get a instant starter on a poor starting dline. Woukd have been amazing. Then he brings me back down to reality. Like tomlinson....but we had an opportunity to have a great day 1 and it was just ok.

And for the ppl arguing about manny....it was a salary dump....that is all. Laken should start....or play fullback....1 of the 2.

Baaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaa!!! Fucking beautiful!!

I'm with the guys saying rb is next for the Lions. Tevin Coleman would make my day tomorrow. Homerun hitter, behind a revamped oline. I don't mind the Tominson pick one bit, especially if we get a playmaker type rb in round 2.

He'll be gone in the first 5 or 10 picks tomorrow. We can dream, though. And IMO, I'd rather have Langford from MSU than Abdullah or the kid from Miami.

What kinda sucks is Lions could have traded down with NE and still gotten Brown and maybe a R4 or something to boot.

Still good with pick,just an observation.

detroit can still get langsford from msu in the 3rd round. go for a DT or CB in the 2nd tomorrow

Press Conference.

"Brought him back for his versatility, he'll be able to help us along the line"

Sounds like #1 backup

So we have the highest paid back up at the position. Not the best when you already have the third least amount of cap space.

He'll be gone in the first 5 or 10 picks tomorrow. We can dream, though. And IMO, I'd rather have Langford from MSU than Abdullah or the kid from Miami.

Fuck I like you Monster.

Me too.

Langford fits our offense to a T and has a HR gear that we currently don't have.

You know, I like the two projected starters at DT. I don't like the depth, though. We still have the rest of the draft and I'm sure we could pick someone up in FA. Our DC last year seemed to be able to plug anyone in at any spot and succeed. I'm not worried.

So we have the highest paid back up at the position. Not the best when you already have the third least amount of cap space.

Fuck. Get over it. He's a good player.

Could be our starting C.....who knows.

Or.....just whine....whine....whine.......whatever.

Even your master lkp had tomlinson mocked to us in rd 2. Drafting him an entire round early is not good value....dont care how you slice it.

Lol your dumb, he wouldn't of been invited to the draft if he was a 2nd Round guy.

NFL Draft committee takes information from teams of who would likely go in the 1st Round and they invite the top consensus of those players.

I always forget about Langford, lol. Duke Johnson is my favorite though. A lot of good rbs came from Miami, and he bested anything they did there.

Back