Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Score Prediction Thread Thread

TheVictors

The Official MICHIGAN vs Cincinnati Score Prediction Thread

[I was going to start a new Official thread but with so many picks already posted, figured an edit would suffice.]

Congratulations to both MichChamp as well as yours truly for being closest to predicting the final outcome of last weekend's game vs Florida, at 34-17. Seeing that I posted first and provided some rather spot on predictive analysis, we will split the winnings 60/40!

Well ...on to the Bearcats.

Cincinnati is in the state of Ohio as is ohio state university. But don't be confused, UC is not THE university of ohio, it is merely one of many, many schools in Ohio that offer a college education and diploma. And not to be confused with Miami (of Ohio) or Bowling Green (also, of Ohio) or Thee Oberlin College, though all are very fine Ohio state universities.

No, Cincinnati is the school that Brian Kelly left for noter dame ...before arguably the biggest game in the program's limited history. Cincinnati is now where Luke Fickell works ..the temporary band aid in Columbus between the sweatervest and Urbz. But Luke ...Luke isn't off to a very impressive start.

Last week, the University of Cincinnati battled mighty Austin Peay and as 43 point favorites with an Over/Under of 58 total points, posted a final score of 26-14, Bearcats. Not only did the Governors cover the spread and put a scare into UC, but they out-gained them in total yards, 313 to 248 ...224 of which were on the ground! (Chris Evans, looking at you ...Ty Isaac).

So the former buckeye coaching prodigy brings an ohio state university into Ann Arbor on Saturday as underdogs versus the #8 ranked MICHIGAN WOLVERINES. Coming off the pounding in Dallas against the Gators, the Wolverines come as 34.5 point favorites with an Over/Under of 48.5 total points. Putting up 215 rushing yards against an (overrated) SEC team was impressive for MICHIGAN but Cincinnati is no Florida...

And MICHIGAN is no Austin Peay.

So post your predictions and some supportive analysis if you wish, but leave the woofing and barking for other threads.

fickell-sandler.jpg

Last edited:
(edited since this is now the official prediction thread)

to be clear, I didn't see Vic's prediction, or missed it, before I posted mine last week.

negligent on my part...

this week:

UM...48
UC...00

Shutout Saturday

Last edited by a moderator:
Cincinnati is really awful. They only managed 248 total yards against Austin Peay.
turrible.png

Our defense is going to ruthlessly slaughter them.

Michigan - 52
Cincy - 0

Cincinnati is really awful. They only managed 248 total yards against Austin Peay.
turrible.png

Our defense is going to ruthlessly slaughter them.

Michigan - 52
Cincy - 0

huh. I was a little concerned over the spread in this one (~35 pts), thinking of some of the half-decent UC teams in the last 10 years, but if they have no offense, like worse than UF... well, then maybe we should take the over.

a couple TD's and FG's on offense, and maybe a defensive score or two. we'll easily put up 40+

But remember per that article by Cincinnati artcle we barely beat Florida lol!!!

Michigan 294, UC -34

EDIT: M 46 UC 9.

Last edited:
Hadn't realized I posted same score s Tim dalton but staying with it

Hopefully Peters gets a chance to play in this one. Lets see what he can do here.

36-3 Michigan

Nothing wrong with picks that are the same ...

MICHIGAN - 48
Cincinnati - 0

wait, what's that? MichChamp picked what....?

okay,

MICHIGAN - 45
Cincinnati - 3

Back