Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ultimate 2013-14 Pistons Game Thread

Josh Smith's reaction after the game:

"We didn't put up a resistance. They had transition 3s, open looks at 3s and they were getting layups in transition and throwing lobs and we just let them have everything. I don't know what happened."

I watched the highlights of the game and it was basically a slam dunk contest. No defense whatsoever. I think between the 2 teams there were at least 9 dunks in the 1st quarter.

Jeez, I didn't realize that there was this much hate for KCP. His defense is outstanding, and if he was the focus of our offense, his numbers would be better. I really like Burke, but KCP is already one of the better defensive guards in the NBA, and his three point shot has started coming around.

People also like to point out the Jazz record with Burke, but another huge change was that Enes Kanter quite starting. The Jazz are 1-17 when Kanter starts and 12-11 when he comes off of the bench.

Pistons are 17-24 at the halfway point

Is this about where everyone expected them to be?

I think Joe D took 2 pretty big gambles on Smith and Jennings. Both have huge upside but thy are also chuckers that take a ton of bad shots at a low percentage. Hope, Datome and Billups are probably not the answer for the lack of outside shooting. I don't think Smith fits well with the games of Drummond and Monroe. They probably should have targeted a SF that has more of an outside shooting game (although I do like what he brings to the table on the defensive end)

This team will struggle to score. My guess is they stay the same as far as points per game as last year. From what I have read Jennings isn't a good defender and we don't know what we will be getting on the defensive end from the SG position.

I think they will have a better record than last year....maybe a little under .500 and flirting with the 8 seed in the east. Unless Drummond turns into a superstar...this team will be mediocre for years to come.

This is what I said in another thread prior to the season.

Game 42 @ Milwaukee 8:10 EST

I could see Knight dropping 30 just to pis$ us all off that much more.

I swear Jennings thinks fading jumpers late in the 4th are high percentage shots...

Well regardless, he has 30 points unlike Knight whom I predicted wrong. Caron Butler instead has 30 points for Milwaukee.

100-99 Bucks with 2:42 left.

Looks Like Stuckey and Jennings are trying to take over with Isos in the final two minutes. It's not working. After a Drummond goal-tend it's 106-101 Milwaukee with 30 seconds left.

Knight blocked by Jennings, Pistons TO with 6 secs remaining. I'm predicting a Jennings fadeaway...

Bucks foul Josh Smith who missed the first and the second intentionally. Pistons retain possession and call a timeout with 1.4 seconds to get a prayer off.

Kyle Singler with a miserable 0-7 performance off the bench.

Harrelson, CV, Jerebko, Billups ect, all fail to touch the court once again. Stuckey and Bynum (11 mins) were the only other 2 to see action.

16 points, 9 assists 7 boards, 6 turnovers on 5-17 shooting for Brandon Knight. Not his best game but Caron Butler took care of most of the scoring, and his team still got the win.

Back