Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The USPS is good and necessary

I get DVDs from Netflix via the USPS.

I was going to say that I haven?t mailed anything in a while, but of course that?s not true, I send my DVDs back to Netflix via the USPS. I do it through using the stamped self-addressed envelope they provide.

That just gave me an idea - I can send more than one DVD back in an envelope, and then sell the ones I don?t use on the Internet. People can just change the address from the Netflix address to any address they want, and Netflix will pick up the freight.

I just came up with that idea because I was thinking that I don?t even know if I have a stamp somewhere and then I thought ?wait a minute - I could use that Netflix envelope! Just change the address!?

I just remembered this thread, because I used the USPS to ship my Xmas cards and some gifts.

All of those arrived on time, or early.

I had one gift shipped via UPS (not by choice)... was supposed to be there last week, and still hasn't been delivered. And I just got a notice that it was delayed again due to severe whether. But it's at a local hub and the weather at both the hub and the delivery destination an hour away is AND HAS BEEN 80F and sunny all week.

Yay for private sector efficiency. Great fucking job, guys. Maybe the weather's just too nice for the UPS guys to work?

They probably meant workers are "under the weather", likely due to Covid symptoms.

Hey, where are all the dopes who said the only reason the USPS is bankrupt is because they're the only organization required to fully fund their future healthcare expenses? As if fully funding a financial obligation is the problem - that's rich. Well, turns out not fully funding your obligations also leads to bankruptcy. Huh, whuda thunk that could happen? Seriously, it's a total mystery. Maybe requiring the USPS to fully fund their obligations is actually a good idea.

Thankfully, Biden and the Dems are here to transfer that risk from the unions to the American taxpayer, at least temporarily as the problem is much, much larger than the paltry $97B the government is forking over - with no strings attached and no accountability for the mismanagement that got these union pensions in this position and no consequences on future mismanagement for plans that receive the bailout. If the government forced the unions to reform their pension systems, the unions have less money for political contributions, corruption and graft. That brings up a question - is it possible that these no strings attached pension bailouts are a big thank you from the administration for the millions in political donations and an assurance that the donations keep coming? Probably not, please tell us again how it's OK that unions spend so much money supporting politicians (rather than funding their liabilities to members) because they're advocating for workers. Doesn't seem like they're doing much advocating unless you think begging for a bailout because you stole all their money is advocating for them.

Last edited:
Back