Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

There is Nothing like Basking in the Glory of Michigan win at the Shoe

tinselwolverine

There?s a few things, but not many.

Maybe being inaugurated president.

Maybe being awarded a Nobel prize.

Maybe winning $2 billion in the lottery.

Pretty much about it.

Go Blue.

It is great to be a Michigan Wolverine.

Who?s got it better than us?

NOOOOOOOOOObody.

The best part is we've won back to back games and the next game is in the big house.

I'm still basking today. Whiskey tastes even better than normal. It's simply a glorious weekend.

?We are going to put 100 on Michigan.?

Woody Hayes would have never said anything like that to the media.

Bo Schembechler would have never said anything like that about Ohio State to the media.

Gary Moeller would have never said anything like that to the media.

Earl Bruce would have never said anything like that to the media.

Lloyd Carr would have never said anything like that to the media.

John Cooper would have never said anything like that to the media.

Jim Tressel would have never said anything like that to the media.

Coach Urban Meyer would have never said anything like that to the media.

Neither Yost nor Crisler nor any prehistoric Ohio State coach would have ever said anything like that.

When the current buckeye head coach, born on third, thinking, he had hit a triple said that - that is what made the pendulum swing.

Who knows when it will swing back?

The current Buckeye coach born on third thinking he had a triple will be long gone before it does.

Do not screw with, nor defy tradition with the football gods of The Game.

Nice.

Screw the Buckeye coach starting on third base, thinking he had hit a triple.

And here?s to Michigan putting 100 on the buckeyes a year from now in the big house.

Damn, that?s a pretty good T-shirt idea.

?Let?s put 100 on the Buckeye head coach who was born on third base, thinking he had hit a triple. Go Blue!?

I hope some T-shirt manufacturer comes up with that. I would buy them.

I do have to say, that everytime I watch highlights, I have to trick my mind into thinking we are wearing maize pants. The all white is just horrendous to me and makes me feel Penn State-ish. That is all.

I am basking and I watched every single highlight on every channel last night. It was damn fun, especially when you know who picked OSU and shit all over Michigan. I also say let OSU fans stew for 365 more days. No playoff. USC needs to win. TCU, Michigan, and UGA can all afford to lose, so I guess we need USC to come thru, so OSU doesnt make it.

I have to add, win or lose, it would be pretty cool if it was a USC-Michigan Final. For all intents and purposes, itll be a Big10 final and a preview to the future.

Last edited:
I do have to say, that everytime I watch highlights, I have to trick my mind into thinking we are wearing maize pants. The all white is just horrendous to me and makes me feel Penn State-ish. That is all.

I am basking and I watched every single highlight on every channel last night. It was damn fun, especially when you know who picked OSU and shit all over Michigan. I also say let OSU fans stew for 365 more days. No playoff. USC needs to win. TCU, Michigan, and UGA can all afford to lose, so I guess we need USC to come thru, so OSU doesnt make it.

I have to add, win or lose, it would be pretty cool if it was a USC-Michigan Final. For all intents and purposes, itll be a Big10 final and a preview to the future.

I am an alumnus of both.

It would be a Christmas miracle.

I knew neither John nor Jim - I guess I should now refer to Jim as coach - but I did play football in the same junior football league as they did, the Vince Lombardi Junior Football League, back in the early-mid 70s.

They both played on the Junior Packers and I played on the Junior Rams.

Jim was three years behind me and John was one year behind me, so it is possible that I tackled John or he tackled me, or I blocked him or he blocked me in a Junior Rams - Junior Packers game.

To make a long story short, I remember when the white pants with the narrow stripes were rolled out - right around that time - and I loved them.

I?m glad coach has brought them back.

I am an alumnus of both.

It would be a Christmas miracle.

I knew neither John nor Jim - I guess I should now refer to Jim as coach - but I did play football in the same junior football league as they did, the Vince Lombardi Junior Football League, back in the early-mid 70s.

They both played on the Junior Packers and I played on the Junior Rams.

Jim was three years behind me and John was one year behind me, so it is possible that I tackled John or he tackled me, or I blocked him or he blocked me in a Junior Rams - Junior Packers game.

To make a long story short, I remember when the white pants with the narrow stripes were rolled out - right around that time - and I loved them.

I?m glad coach has brought them back.

Good stuff

I think it wears on me more, because before I played in college, I played junior high football for the Warren Woods Wolverines. We had the same exact uniforms to a T as Michigan. We would wear white scrubby ass pants, some striped some not, in practice. Come game day we had these beautiful stainless maize pants, that when put on, you felt invincible. And we were for the most part as we won 2 league titles in a row my 6th and 7th grade years. So, in my mind, they just remind me of those shitty ass cheap practice uni's.

Good stuff

I think it wears on me more, because before I played in college, I played junior high football for the Warren Woods Wolverines. We had the same exact uniforms to a T as Michigan. We would wear white scrubby ass pants, some striped some not, in practice. Come game day we had these beautiful stainless maize pants, that when put on, you felt invincible. And we were for the most part as we won 2 league titles in a row my 6th and 7th grade years. So, in my mind, they just remind me of those shitty ass cheap practice uni's.

I get it.

The white pants with the thin stripes were the pants Dennis Franklin wore on the road.

This is the way things were, most years, or at least, more often than not, from 1969-2000. We've just forgotten what it feels like.

I suppose even up to 2004... no indication up til then that 2005-2020 would play out the way they did. Bad coaching hires will do that.

This is the way things were, most years, or at least, more often than not, from 1969-2000. We've just forgotten what it feels like.

I suppose even up to 2004... no indication up til then that 2005-2020 would play out the way they did. Bad coaching hires will do that.

I was alive and remember all of those years.

I haven?t forgotten what it felt like.

It felt like this.

I was alive and remember all of those years.

I haven?t forgotten what it felt like.

It felt like this.

Yep.

1976 -- 22-0 M and it's not that close. I broke a joist in the Rumsey House basement after a Lytle TD.
1978 -- Banged-up Leach guts out a 14-3 win, throws TD passes to Rodney Feaster and Roosevelt Smith.
1980 -- 9-3 M OSU final drive dies in M territory. Schliester lost thousands betting on himself
1986 -- 26-24 Harbaugh predicts a win, Bo goes ballistic. OSU missed FG preserved the prediction
1988 -- M 34, OSU, 31 (Cooper years begin)
1990 -- M 16, OSU 13
1992 -- 13-13 "one of greatest wins ever" OSU AD Gordon Gee
1996 -- 13-9, spoiled OSU undefeated record.
2000 -- 38-26 (Cooper fired after season)
2022 -- The Game of The Games.

Last edited:
Yep.

1976 -- 22-0 M and it's not that close. I broke a joist in the Rumsey House basement after a Lytle TD.
1978 -- Banged-up Leach guts out a 14-3 win, throws TD passes to Rodney Feaster and Roosevelt Smith.
1980 -- 9-3 M OSU final drive dies in M territory. Schliester lost thousands betting on himself
1986 -- 26-24 Harbaugh predicts a win, Bo goes ballistic. OSU missed FG preserved the prediction
1988 -- M 34, OSU, 31 (Cooper years begin)
1990 -- M 16, OSU 13
1992 -- 13-13 "one of greatest wins ever" OSU AD Gordon Gee
1996 -- 13-9, spoiled OSU undefeated record.
2000 -- 38-26 (Cooper fired after season)
2022 -- The Game of The Games.

Now?that?s what I?m talkin? about!

Now?

For me, I guess 2001-2020 was just too much of my "game watching years" to feel this sort of confidence, like we SHOULD be the best team in the conference every year.

It really did feel like we had a "monkey on our back" when playing OSU.

They seemed to get all the breaks, blown coverages, bounces, and whistles once Tressel slithered into Columbus.

Even our wins during that time ('03 & '11) felt like we had to overcome way more than they did. 2021 was an ass-kicking, but at the time I was still thinking they were only down 8 (35-27) in the 4th, until we just ran them over. Haskin's hurdle (when I knew for sure it was over and I could relax) was with 2:25 left on the clock.

2022 was the first time in a long time when it felt like the monkey wasn't there anymore... THEY were the ones second-guessing themselves, and playing scared, and we were all over them. Like Popeye after he eats his spinach, and beats the fuck out of everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back