Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

These Packers Ain't Lambeaulicious

the myth of invincibility in the cold at Lambeau has been dead for a while now. in 2003, Brett Favre and a good Green Bay team were beat by a crappy Atlanta Falcons team at home during the playoffs.

it's not like NY is located in a tropical climate. and regardless, the idea that one team could be better in cold weather than another is pretty stupid to begin with. every player on every team is a human being... it's not like Green Bay is composed entirely of eskimos, or some species uniquely suited to cold weather. Rodgers played at Cal for crying out loud.

Screw the Packers and screw Rodgers. I hate the Giants, but I'm glad the Packers lost, otherwise it would be the Aaron Rodgers love fest for another week 24/7. The Packers played like shit, but they also got a few very fortunate calls or it would have been a blowout.

Being done with the Tebow is Jesus and Rodgers is God talk for the year is alright by me.

johnny2x2x said:
Screw the Packers and screw Rodgers. I hate the Giants, but I'm glad the Packers lost, otherwise it would be the Aaron Rodgers love fest for another week 24/7. The Packers played like shit, but they also got a few very fortunate calls or it would have been a blowout.

Being done with the Tebow is Jesus and Rodgers is God talk for the year is alright by me.

Yep. No more Rodgers and Tebow for a few weeks.

I don't like the NYG but I've started to like Eli the more I see of him. Not just his play but his ho hum demeanor is so awesome. If he screwed up he'll tell you he screw up, with a smile. In an NFL where everyone is bitching about one thing or another its refreshing.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Because philly and chicago was some warm to play at last year.

Last year's team was a different type of team - it was more of a cold weather team than this year's team.

Besides, Philly and Chicago are cold - but not like Lambeau.

Do they call Soldier Field "the Frozen Tundra?"

Do they call whatever shithole that is that Philly plays in "the Frozen Tundra?"

Fuck no.

They don't.

Packers offense put up 40+ pts week 17 in green bay

How was last years offense better for the cold? The offense was better every way this year.

That frozen tundra stuff is complete shit nowadays. Sure, back in one of the first super bowls they played the game when it was -15 below but the field has been heated since the mid 90's.

manchild98 said:
That frozen tundra stuff is complete shit nowadays. Sure, back in one of the first super bowls they played the game when it was -15 below but the field has been heated since the mid 90's.

Probably just as well they don't bother having the Midwinter Classic at Lambeau then.

The ice would freakin' melt.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
They had a better power running game last year? Alright.

They did but I've been pretty much goofing this whole time.

The primary reason the Packers lost, in my opinion -

is because it's tough to repeat.

That's why it doesn't happen that often.

I know tinsel. I'm just having trouble dealing with the season ending to the one team I didn't want it to. What bs lol

Maybe if they spent more time on the practice field and less time filming State Farm commercials the outcome would be different. Either way it worked out well for my wallet...

I think you're being a little harsh on them calling them terrible, but hey you're entitled to your opinion.

Back