Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

these refs are fucking ridiculous......

dmoney1980

i mean, WHY IS IT OKAY TO RAPE OUR ASSES EVERY WEEK? EVERY FUCKING WEEK?!! i mean, this shit just ain't fair.......if i was schwartz, it's time to begin accessing when it's time to complain......he'd better make sure to present video of this shit because i promise there's A LOT OF IT. seemed like the saint db was lined up in the neutral zone on that field goal block for christ's sake......

no pass interference call on porter's interception......good fucking night.

the 3 PI calls on Burleson were comical. One of them i actually saw a full extension of the arms and an actual push. The other 2 were ridiculous.

The no holding on Colston in the first half was blantent as hell.

The no late hit on Rogers in the first half when he lit of stafford is ridiculous.

Theres about 5-6 more examples that totally killed us.

Refs were real bad tonight.

mhughes0021 said:
the 3 PI calls on Burleson were comical. One of them i actually saw a full extension of the arms and an actual push. The other 2 were ridiculous.

The no holding on Colston in the first half was blantent as hell.

The no late hit on Rogers in the first half when he lit of stafford is ridiculous.

Theres about 5-6 more examples that totally killed us.

Refs were real bad tonight.

we could complain, but WHO THE FUCK WOULD LISTEN?

I haven't seen horseshit calls like that in a long time....

HOrrible refs combined with an undisciplined team = horseshit game.. Yes the Saints were clutching and grabbing in the secondary as well..

The refs were out to teach us a lesson.

Guess the lions need to shut the fuck up and play some football.

sunnydlitex123 said:

Well put. Why is it necessary for a Lions player to lose their cool in every single game? To me it seems like no punishment is given unless its handed down from the league. These players should be whipped into shape by now, and staying out of on the field altercations. Its like they dont know any better, or dont want to change. How do you change what players do on the field though? Is it a lost cause? IMHO this team needs to be coached by someone that runs it like bootcamp, and goes over the top in punishing/correcting players when shit like this happens. Just sayin...

kdp1980 said:
sunnydlitex123 said:

Well put. Why is it necessary for a Lions player to lose their cool in every single game? To me it seems like no punishment is given unless its handed down from the league. These players should be whipped into shape by now, and staying out of on the field altercations. Its like they dont know any better, or dont want to change. How do you change what players do on the field though? Is it a lost cause? IMHO this team needs to be coached by someone that runs it like bootcamp, and goes over the top in punishing/correcting players when shit like this happens. Just sayin...

Yep. It blows my mind when grown men cant at least check their attitudes enough to not fuck up a drive.

coel73 said:
kdp1980 said:

Yep. It blows my mind when grown men cant at least check their attitudes enough to not fuck up a drive.

Mine too, watching Lions football is going to be the death of me, lol.

kdp1980 said:
coel73 said:

A little piece of me dies every time.

tonyballs said:
kdp1980 said:

A little piece of me dies every time.
What about the Tigers and all those 2nd half chokes before this season obviously..

why complain anymore now? i'm fucking numb to the pain at this point.....(such is the life of a detroit lions fan, it's a fuckin' curse, i tells ya....)

SLICK said:
tigers99888 said:
What about the Tigers and all those 2nd half chokes before this season obviously..

Gerald Laird is back...no stopping them in 2012

according to everyone on the tigers board. we cant afford any FAs. God forbid our team be good...

I mean 3 offensive pass interference calls on one player.... Please get out the stat book for that and see the last time that has happened... They call that crap on us but Meachem can do far worse on the 3rd and 4 from the saints 4 yard line. That was a 38 yard pass that saved New Orleans in the second quarter... Lions were about to force another punt only down 3 zip.... You could see the memo from the league office tattooed on the head ref's forehead.

" Make sure the lions have no shot in this game".

Signed
Roger ( Jackface) Goddell

Yeah there was some bad calls, but there were some good calls too.

Titus wiping out big plays by punching people right in front of the ref, or covering up the TE making him ineligible.

The tackle K. Smith put on the blitz pickup

The Facemask grab that Burrleson had which wiped out his catch + the Saints late hit.

Holding by Rashied Davis on the Kick Return that changed a 1st and 10 from the 40 to 1st and 10 from our own 7.

Don't get me wrong, some of the calls were horribad.

That Hands to the Face call... Collinsworth was trying to explain how our guy was in the wrong there, but while he was explaining it you could clear as day see the Saints Guy with his hands on our guy's face.

Late hit on Stafford - not the first time they've missed that call on us. Clay Matthews...

The Pass Interference call on Eric Davis was horrible. He was trying to seperate and the Saints dude was holding him and then flopped

3 PI's on Nate... both him and Stafford said in their post game interviews they'd never seen that happen in their entire life. Nate said the one that was over his head he absolutley pushed the guy... but the other 2 were garbage.

The Illegal Contact call against I think Tulloch (forget) was garbage because he just held his ground while the TE ran his out cut. Basically no contact, and he didn't impede his route.

What can you do though? The league has us labled us "Bad Boys" and we've got a target on our back - and maybe we deserve it. I think refs shouldn't ever make calls based on tendancy, they should just call the game as it happens and be obvlious to the trends - but that doesn't happen anymore. The NBA started calling games that way, and it looks like now the NFL is.

Terrible calls but the Lions still deserved to lose. Refs called every single one of our ticky tack calls though and none for the Saints when their receivers and dbs were doing alot. Plus the offsides on the field goal at the end of the first half. In the end though, we couldn't stop Brees or Graham and didn't get enough pressure. The missed 55 FG was huge, Schwartz should have punted as you can't give Brees good field position.

That performance was embarrassing last night. Sure we got jobbed on several calls, but we made some seriously stupid plays. Our coach made some seriously stupid calls. The FG instead of punt being primary, but the play calling was so conservative early on and then next thing you know we're down 17.

We did not look like a disciplined NFL team out there at all. We did not look like we have a coaching staff who pays attention to the details. Embarrassing loss on National TV because we looked like a ragtag group of miscreants playing against a team of professionals. New Orleans went about their business like professionals. We on the other hand looked like amateurs who don't take preparation all too seriously.

Back