Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

This Tuiasosopo dude...

cmlfactor

Sure seems to be getting a decent amount of at bats this spring. Is he challenging Garcia for the LF platoon role or what? This is not a name I heard about at all heading into ST.

Probably because of injuries. Does this guy do anything good?

We didnt hear much about him cuz he was a non-roster invite that we signed to a minor league contract this offseason. From what i could tell of his minors stats, he is the type of player the tigers like: little discipline, lots of strikeouts, little defense.

Tuiaspsopo may very well make the team, but until he cools off @ the plate why not play the hot bat? The Tigers can always treat him like the second coming of Chris Shelton, then send him down to the minors and bring another OFer up who is hitting/fielding well in Toledo? Who knows if Dirks will stay healthy or not, as he seems to be just a bit injury-prone anyway. As far as Don Freaking Kelly, my guess is that he won't get many if even any bites from other ballclubs if he gets cut this late in the preseason, and opts out. He knows damned well that Leyland will still remain his best bet to play @ least PT in MLB this season.

I think the decision right now is more about whether they add him to the 40 man, not the 25 man.

Sure seems to be getting a decent amount of at bats this spring. Is he challenging Garcia for the LF platoon role or what? This is not a name I heard about at all heading into ST.

Don't really believe that Garcia was ever going to be seriously considered or was actually competing as a candidate for the position in a platoon role w/Dirks, and his injury will just make it easier and simpler for the Tigers and Leyland to use it as "the" main reason for soon cutting him. Unless Avisail had outright won a FT OF spot, he was inevitably going to go down to Toledo to further hone his skills and his development...IMO.

In 2008 he was Seattle's No.10 prospect. I believe that was his peak. The last year he was a prospect was 2010 when he was their No.19. Since then he has been a 4A player. I forgot he was with the Mets last year. He has been said to have a good work ethic and he's fairly versatile. The Mariners had him at 3rd and 2nd in there system. He has had some injury problems and when he was coming up he had Beltre and quite a few other 3rd base prospects coming up the same time as him

Back