Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Thoughts on South Bend

erg57

-Tailgate was amazing
-Weather outstanding
-Very amped atmosphere
-Loudest game I have ever attended
-NO JUMBOTRON!

UM shit the bed.

Was it as bad on TV? I had endzone seats so it was hard to gauge play. To me, DG couldn't adjust and the D was schooled.

What was you take on why UM lost seeing it on TV with replay

Fuck South Bend!!! And you can quote me on that.

Was it as bad on TV? Hmmmm let me think about that. Yes, yes it was. It's the first Michigan game where I have ever just said "fuck it" and gave up at halftime. I didn't watch anything after the first half. I just rejoined everyone at my engagement party outside and had fun. No reason to continue torturing myself.

my thoughts on South Bend:

- it's a dump. I question if the University makes much of an effort to invest in its community. as a bunch of private school a-holes, I doubt it.
- the locals are complete trash
- the campus looks more like an 1990's industrial park, not beautiful or historic as I had been lead to believe
- I don't give ND any credit for the weather being nice that day
- I didn't think their stadium was particularly loud.

Last edited by a moderator:
i gave up when Hoke gave up with 7.5 minutes to go and just started running it into the line of scrimmage.

Last edited:
I was so drunk, I pretty much don't remember the second half at all. Then went to Rick's for the first time since I've been in grad school. So it was a good night in that sense.

Though my buddy did piss his sheets and then left in the morning without telling anyone. Dick move right there.

I was so drunk, I pretty much don't remember the second half at all. Then went to Rick's for the first time since I've been in grad school. So it was a good night in that sense.

Though my buddy did piss his sheets and then left in the morning without telling anyone. Dick move right there.
These are your thoughts on South Bend?

best post in a long time. I have a buddy from college who was a bed wetter. or a wake up, stumble and pee in the closet, pisser.

best post in a long time. I have a buddy from college who was a bed wetter. or a wake up, stumble and pee in the closet, pisser.

in my fraternity days, we had a saying: you haven't been drunk until you've pissed yourself.

best story was a guy in my pledge class, got up in the middle of a long night of drinking, stumbled over to the mini-fridge in his big brother's room and started pissing on it. The guy who's room it was yells at him, "WTF are you DOING?" and he slurs back "I'm just checking my email."

Back packing thru Europe between Jr & Sr year at UM, I hooked up with some Canucks from BC and traveled with them a while.

Took two days and my asking why this guy was so angry every night after he'd explain how "pissed" he got every night.

The same guy (one of my college roommates) broke into my room completely naked one night and pissed into a pile of my dirty clothes during Junior year. He passed three bathrooms and three other rooms to get to mine.

The food in SB reminded me of being in England.

Yeah, erg57, read the whole damn game thread from the first post to the last and quit bothering us...

...sheesh...the nerve of some people...

I would have, but I am not sure I could have handled the flashback. If I had been home Saturday, I'd have been apologizing to all of you by now for my internet behavior.

The same guy (one of my college roommates) broke into my room completely naked one night and pissed into a pile of my dirty clothes during Junior year. He passed three bathrooms and three other rooms to get to mine.

Very similar to something that happened my freshman year. I awoke in the middle of the night to hear campus security talking to the girl who lived next door to me. I had no idea what they were talking about, only that they were looking for some other student. A few hours later I heard said student talking to my neighbor; turned out this girl had wandered into my neighbor's room and taken a piss on her area rug. Never mind that both of our rooms were literally right across the hall from the women's bathroom.

Never was I so happy that my door was locked as I was that night, although if that had happened to me, at least I didn't have a rug or carpet to worry about.

Back