Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Three Stooges Movie

I'm honestly geeked about this movie. I remember LONG ago there were rumors of a Stooges movie, but it never happened. Then there was a straight to video bio-pic one w/ Michael Chiklis (sp?), but it was darker and focused more on Curly's health. I LOVE the Stooges and have probably seen every one of their shorts. I'm also a big Farrelly Brothers fan, and judging by the trailers, this one looks like it should be pretty funny.

Im both excited and terrified. It will either be worth watching or a complete waste of time.

Not sure

I mean i grew up with then I guess in reruns of the early 60's but I just never thought they were very funny... I will probably rent it but that's about it..

I mean i grew up with then I guess in reruns of the early 60's but I just never thought they were very funny... I will probably rent it but that's about it..

I'll probably wait until it gets to HBO but you a never thought they were funny, come on man.

somethings just should not be touched....The Stooges are one of those.

I think it looks absolutely horrible and it's pathetic how all Hollywood has done lately is remake old movies. The A-Team, anyone??

Plus, the Stooges were on from the 20's to the 60's in different cast combinations and you simply can't re-create those early decades - the Stooges from the 30's and 40's are the best, IMO.

The only redeeming possibility is that the Farrelly Bros did the remake and are typically solid.

I doubt anyone expects it to be like the classic show. Just something to do.

Did any of you "chuckle heads" see it? Came out friday...
Those tv ads the past 2 weeks for the movie had very similar sound effects to the original shorts of the 30's and 40's, and the guy that plays Curly has that same voice, at the very least similar sounding to my ears.

I thought about it weeks ago but the more ads on tv I saw the more I thought it'd be a dumb, unfunny movie.

I don't see the point in watching the movie after seeing the clips; pretty much gonna be just an hour and forty five minutes of the same shit.

I did like in the clip where he double pokes Snooki in the eyes, but I doubt it's the first time Snooki has ever been double poked.

Last edited:
Back