Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tickets/Seating for my first game

evolutionkb

My wife wanted to buy myself and our dads tickets to see the Lions this year. It would be the first game for all of us. Should we wait for individual tickets to go on sale through the official website, get them now from stubhub, or something else? Where is a good place to sit? What about parking? Any other tips? The Bills game is the one I have my eye on, if it matters.

Wait until individual tickets go on sale would be my choice out of all three. You'll pay face value that way and there will still be plenty of great options open. Calling them direct is a great option even better than the website.

Seats depend on price, unlimited budget? 40-40 yard line 10-15 rows up. Club seats are also amazing although you can get some great seats a column over from the club seats on the far side for less. If money is an object I would recommend 2nd level end zone seats (I think they are better than 1st level endzone) in as low a row as possible (near the rail). 2nd floor also has some secrete hidden Washrooms which is a major bonus. Ford Field has a ton if great vantage points though chances are you won't be disappointed.

Parking - again price. You can park right off Woodward across from Comerica for $35. I myself like to park in Greektown - tailgaiting, food, bars, liquor store tons of fans. You'll pay $15 or $20 there. You can park for free by the MGM Grand on the street and take the people mover but I don't recommend it.

Wait until individual tickets go on sale would be my choice out of all three. You'll pay face value that way and there will still be plenty of great options open. Calling them direct is a great option even better than the website.

Seats depend on price, unlimited budget? 40-40 yard line 10-15 rows up. Club seats are also amazing although you can get some great seats a column over from the club seats on the far side for less. If money is an object I would recommend 2nd level end zone seats (I think they are better than 1st level endzone) in as low a row as possible (near the rail). 2nd floor also has some secrete hidden Washrooms which is a major bonus. Ford Field has a ton if great vantage points though chances are you won't be disappointed.

Parking - again price. You can park right off Woodward across from Comerica for $35. I myself like to park in Greektown - tailgaiting, food, bars, liquor store tons of fans. You'll pay $15 or $20 there. You can park for free by the MGM Grand on the street and take the people mover but I don't recommend it.

Thanks, I'd rather park close, the extra 15 is not a big deal. The dads are not big drinkers or anything so I don't have to worry about Greektown, plus we'd probably get grab a bite at the stadium for lunch. When do individual seats go on sale, any idea?

Back