Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers 2024 Spring Training beginning 2 - 14

3 keys for the Detroit Tigers to win the American League Central.
The Detroit Tigers are a long shot to win the division, but we have seen crazier things in life. So what needs to happen for this team to make it back to the postseason?
MCBTB

I've been on vacation since the beginning of spring training and haven't followed their progress. Looks like nothing special out of anybody yet. I see A Ibanez is trying to hold on to his job at 2B!

I was listening to MLB on XM today and they were talking about the Tigers off season. They weren't too impressed. They were ripping on Meadows for a comment he made to the media after one of the spring training games. He told the media the reason he lost 13 lbs last year is because he "quit working out" in August. He said he got worn out. Not a good look.

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

Monday marked the debut of Jason Benetti as the Detroit Tigers’ new tv broadcast play-by-play man. He replaced Matt Shepard who was not well-received by Tiger fans or by those who rank broadcasters.
Benetti came from the White Sox and is recognized as one of the game’s best announcers.
Yesterday’s game was broadcast on Bally, MLB.tv and nationally on the MLB Network.
For those of you who watched some or all of the game, how did Jason do?

How did Jason Benetti do in his first tv broadcast?

1. I enjoyed his work.

2. Not yet impressed but willing to give him time to adjust.

3. Not impressed.

VOTE

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

Monday marked the debut of Jason Benetti as the Detroit Tigers’ new tv broadcast play-by-play man. He replaced Matt Shepard who was not well-received by Tiger fans or by those who rank broadcasters.
Benetti came from the White Sox and is recognized as one of the game’s best announcers.
Yesterday’s game was broadcast on Bally, MLB.tv and nationally on the MLB Network.
For those of you who watched some or all of the game, how did Jason do?

How did Jason Benetti do in his first tv broadcast?

1. I enjoyed his work.

2. Not yet impressed but willing to give him time to adjust.

3. Not impressed.

VOTE
unfortunately, I don't think I get any of those channels. I doubt I get to watch many Tigers games this year.

unfortunately, I don't think I get any of those channels. I doubt I get to watch many Tigers games this year.
The TV App.

I use this. I put it in my browser on my Shield TV and it works like a charm. Also MLB66.ir. Need VPN for this..

nice! I have youtubeTV, so I doubt I will be able to watch on my TV, but probably on my computer?

Thanks, I will try it out.
Where do you watch YTTV? On a mobile device, like a Fire TV or Roku etc.? Anything that can use a browser it'll work on a TV. Nonetheless, the TV app is where I watched the Pistons last night. As far as MLB, probably won't get ST games..

Where do you watch YTTV? On a mobile device, like a Fire TV or Roku etc.? Anything that can use a browser it'll work on a TV. Nonetheless, the TV app is where I watched the Pistons last night. As far as MLB, probably won't get ST games..
I have a firestick on one TV that doesn't have all the apps. The rest already had all of the typical apps on them (youtubeTV, Netflix, HBO, etc)

I bought tickets to go to the game against the Braves on the 15th. Taking my youngest son to his first MLB game. He just started playing baseball in the fall.

Turning The Corner Tigers Podcast Episode 144: Matt Manning Stakes Claim To Detroit Tigers Pitching Rotation. 53 minutes.

The Detroit Tigers might have too many starting pitchers. The Athletic's Cody Stavenhagen and co-host Kieran Steckley discuss. Topics include Matt Manning, Casey Mize, Andy Ibanez, Ryan Vilade, Jace Jung, Max Clark, Matt Chapman, J.D. Martinez, Spring Training broadcasts and more.

Back