Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers athletic trainers

gotime909

How many times does a player in this organization need to come back from an injury too early and have a setback????? I just saw Manning got pulled from his rehab start in Toledo with a setback. This a week after the same thing happened to Mize.

How many times does a player in this organization need to come back from an injury too early and have a setback????? I just saw Manning got pulled from his rehab start in Toledo with a setback. This a week after the same thing happened to Mize.

I read that Manning had dizzy spells. Has nothing to do with his injury.

Wonder what the issue was this time for his quick exit

I read that he just sucked.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2022/5...kerry-carpenter-dillon-dingler-manuel-sequera

"Matt Manning?s rehabilitation start in Toledo did not go well. After a strong first inning in which the big right-hander struck out the side and showed some pretty good breaking balls, he was yanked with two outs in the second after throwing 30 pitches in the inning. They were perhaps just being careful about letting him go through that long an inning, but whatever the circumstances, his command was poor and he walked two batters, the second of which was the end of his outing. At this point, the rehab assignment is starting to resemble a reassignment."

According to Jason Beck, the Tigers have an organization limit of 30 pitches in 1 inning in the minor leagues. He hit that so they pulled him.

My guess is that he's either hiding something wrong or they're trying to let him work through something. In 2 weeks when he's meeting with James Andrews I won't be shocked. This has been a pattern with this organization.

According to Jason Beck, the Tigers have an organization limit of 30 pitches in 1 inning in the minor leagues. He hit that so they pulled him.

My guess is that he's either hiding something wrong or they're trying to let him work through something. In 2 weeks when he's meeting with James Andrews I won't be shocked. This has been a pattern with this organization.

I think it's a pattern in all of baseball. Pitchers just can't stay healthy.

I put my money on Mize going to see Dr Andrews before Manning.

Some teams protect their players though. Fulmer has flat out said that they let him keep pitching hurt. You can't leave it up to the player.

Of course he didn't straight blame the team that is paying him. My point is the TEAM never should've let him keep throwing in that condition. It should've been clear he wasn't right.

Of course he didn't straight blame the team that is paying him. My point is the TEAM never should've let him keep throwing in that condition. It should've been clear he wasn't right.

I still blame the player if he isn't speaking out.

I still blame the player if he isn't speaking out.

Have you ever played sports? Most of these guys would run through a wall for the team. There's a time when the organization needs to protect the player from himself. Most of these guys aren't gonna take themselves out of a game.

Have you ever played sports? Most of these guys would run through a wall for the team. There's a time when the organization needs to protect the player from himself. Most of these guys aren't gonna take themselves out of a game.

well...if the player isn't going to tell the team when they are hurt it's on the player.

Yup, knew something was wrong. Too bad the organization still can't tell when their pitchers are pitching hurt.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...itis-shut-down-foreseeable-future/9948863002/

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2022/06/05/monday-musings-27/
MONDAY MUSINGS.
Totally Tigers

Throughout the week, there are so many smaller stories hitting the media. They may be bite-size, but often they are just as important as the headline-grabbing news. Sometimes, even more.

And that?s what brings me to today. A way to discuss some of these stories.
A way to bring them out in the open for discussion.

And that?s the plan for Mondays. Keeping track of these mighty little bits that hit my radar throughout the week and sharing them with you today because
I know one or more will also resonate with you. So, let?s kick off this week?s musings?

The incredible number of injuries can no longer be avoided by the press. They have started to ask some questions. The non-local ones, that is.

The usual suspects have been called upon by the Tigers to write articles extolling the virtues of the training and conditioning staff and how much money has been invested in them. This in response to other sports writers who have started to ask questions.

Mize to have Tommy John surgery.

You mean to tell me the Tigers couldn't diagnose an injury for like 2 months???? Shocking

Mize to have Tommy John surgery.

You mean to tell me the Tigers couldn't diagnose an injury for like 2 months???? Shocking

That's f'n crazy! wtf kind of medical staff is this? I don't think that Garko did anything with the current stiffs. Maybe now after the season.

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/news/tigers-make-changes-to-medical-and-conditioning-staff
Tigers reshaping medical and conditioning staff.
Tigers official site

I hope the reshaping word means leaner, better shape, better condition trainers.
Doug Teter is going to Lakeland in search of more pie eating contests to enter.

Tigers make changes to medical staff, according to Evan Petzold.
- Head athletic trainer Doug Teter transitioning to new role in Lakeland.
- Senior director of medical services Kevin Rand will not be renewed.
- Strength/conditioning coach Steve Chase will not return.
Jason Beck

https://motorcitybengals.com/2022/10/24/report-detroit-tigers-make-changes-medical-staff/
Detroit Tigers make changes to medical staff.
MCBTB

As of September 18, Detroit Tigers players had missed a total of 1,358 games on the IL, which was fifth most in the league at the time. Many of these injuries will carry over into next season as well, with Casey Mize set to miss the entire season after undergoing Tommy John surgery, and Tarik Skubal set to miss at least a good chunk of the year. After seeing a number like that, the organization decided that something needed to be done, so these changes were made.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...e-top-of-athletic-training-staff/69586918007/
Tigers make changes at the top of athletic training staff.
Detnews

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...contract-doug-teter-shifts-roles/69583348007/
Detroit Tigers don't renew Kevin Rand's contract; Doug Teter shifts to role in Lakeland.
Freep

In 2022, the Tigers were decimated by injuries but never pinpointed a reason for their health struggles. They used 17 starting pitchers and three former top pitching prospects ? Casey Mize (Tommy John surgery), Tarik Skubal (left flexor tendon surgery) and Matt Manning (right forearm strain) ? ended the season on the 60-day injured list.

Back