Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Brewers Game #21 4-24-2023

Do you guys know it's incredibly rare for 22 year olds to come right into the bigs and hit? Neither of them have 500 at bats yet and you 2 wanna throw them in the scrap heap. Ridiculous
These aren't 5th round picks. And Tork was a college guy consensus number 1. I don't expect them to be MVP candidate. Tork hasn't improved at all from last season and Greene will never be the guy striking out over 1/3 of the time. The signs are there. I wouldn't throw them to the scrap heap but I'm disappointed. There are guys across the league with little experience doing much better.

I didn't realize that Green has already struck out 33 times this year. That's terrible.

So like, what are talking here?

No game thread for tomorrow?

No game thread again ever?

I'm a bit cranky most of the time, i'll start them when I can, mostly during the week only, I take the weekends off from sitting in front of computers.

Last edited:
I worked the math last night, at his current pace Miggy is getting paid approx 111,000 $ per at bat this year.

I worked the math last night, at his current pace Miggy is getting paid approx 111,000 $ per at bat this year.

if you factor in his $8M buyout, it's even more, about $130K

more stats for Cabrera on "this pace"

$740k per hit
$1.7M per RBI

Seems to me the pay plan is all wrong. With all the available metrics, ballplayers should be compensated like salespeople -- produce and earn. Players can choose a flat fee, a base and commission structure, or a full commission structure. They get a self-determined draw throughout the season and they either get the surplus or owe the franchise at the end of the season. I'm sure the MBLPA will present this plan in the never-so-distant future

I made a suggestion. In response, Tigermud offered me the "job" of game threads. I declined.

I'm a bit cranky most of the time, i'll start them when I can, mostly during the week only, I take the weekends off from sitting in front of computers.

There are a lot of posters who are going to miss the Tigers game threads.

Maybe a pool of guys taking on certain days of the week. I'll opt in to two or three that are consistent.

Maybe I?ll volunteer for Mondays and Thursdays.

A lot of times there?s not a game on those days, right?

I want to thank you guys for picking up the slack for me. I am at a stage of life I can only do so much after doing these games since 2006 or 2007 when our Tigers were at espn forums.

Do what you can for the games during the week and on the weekends.

i'd be willing to fill in for him for a day go 0-4 and collect approx 444,000 $ I can do that.

For MC to get an 0-4. Tigers would get around 33 PAs, bound to get base runners and a 3 run homer in there somewhere. Yea you're in Imo.

Back