Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Phillies Game 58 6/5/2023

byco42

Game Time: 6:40 p.m

ESPN Game Cast

Tigers SP: Joey Wentz RHP W-L 1-5 ERA 7.28 WHIP 1.68 :ugh:
Rangers SP: Aaron Nola RHP W-L 4-4 ERA 4.70 WHIP 1.43

Detroit Tigers (26-31) 3rd in AL Central -3.5 Last 10: 4-6 L3

RF Zach McKinstry L
LF Akil Baddoo L
SS Javier Baez R
1B Spencer Torkelson R
2B Nick Maton L
C Eric Haase R
3B Zack Short R
DH Tyler Nevin R
CF Jake Marisnick R

Philadelphia Phillies (27-32) 4th in NL East -8.0 Last 10: 4-5, W2

2B Bryson Stott L
SS Trea Turner R
DH Bryce Harper L
RF Nick Castellanos R
LF Kyle Schwarber L
C J.T Realmuto R
CF Brandon Marsh L
1B Drew Ellis R
3B Edmundo Sosa R

Game Notes BR

Game Notes Freep

Umpires: Adrian Johnson (HPU) Manny Gonzalez, Quinn Wolcott, Junior Valentine
0% Rain
77? Wind 10 mph L-R
LINE PHI -240
O/U 8.5 Runs

Tickets

Last edited:
I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Tigers win 1 game this series. The only thing I'll be paying attention to is how Reese Olson does in his second start.

The Tigers extend our deepest condolences to the family and friends of Roger Craig, who passed away Sunday.
Craig enjoyed a decorated baseball career and spent five years as Detroit?s pitching coach, including the 1984 World Series championship season.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Roger_Craig
Roger Craig Pitching coach 1980-1984.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2023/6...rky-anderson-san-francisco-giants-jack-morris
Former Tigers pitching coach and Giants? manager Roger Craig dies at age 93.
After a solid major league career, Craig became a successful pitching coach and manager, including helping guide the ?84 Tigers to a World Series.
BYBTB

https://www.vintagedetroit.com/roger-craig-gave-84-tigers-a-second-manager-for-the-pitching-staff/
Roger Craig Gave ?84 Tigers a Second Manager for the Pitching Staff.
Vintage Detroit

Congratulations to Colt Keith who is being named Eastern League Player of the Month! .374 BA. 6 HR's 27 RBI 7 Doubles 10BB .670 Slugging.

Both Florida Complex League and Dominican Summer League action kick off today, as the Tigers will feature two DSL teams.

A little pitch-clock nugget from this column:
9-inning games of 3:30 or longer in May of 2022:
9-inning games of 3:30 or longer in May of 2022:
0!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...lly-strange-week/id1557916983?i=1000615697891
Turning the Corner Tigers Podcast 114:The Detroit Tigers Awfully Strange Week. 61 minutes.
The Detroit Tigers' season outlook has completely changed. The Athletic's Cody Stavenhagen and co-host Kieran Steckley discuss. Topics include injuries, Eduardo Rodriguez, Riley Greene, Nick Maton, Michael Lorenzen, Colt Keith, Scott Harris, A.J. Hinch and more.
Follow on Twitter @CodyStavenhagen, @Kieran_Steckley @TurnCornerPod. Please subscribe, rate and review.

Since the start of 2022 the Tigers are:
66-79 (.455) with Riley Greene.
26-48 (.351) w/o Riley Greene.

Last edited:
So if your a prospect in the Tiger system and you see at least 5-7 guys not performing at in the major leagues you have to wonder if you will ever get called up.

Tigers management should buy miggy and Baez out. Worthless players.

Ibanez k?s with a batter violation . Please send him and Maton down.

Tiger clown show continues with no hits through 5 for the tigers

As Nolan k?s the side for the second time tonight.

Last edited:
I?d start with these two

Ibanez for Justin Henry
Maton for Colten Keith.

Colten Keith Just named Double A player of the Month.

I?d buy out Miggy or make have a organizational roving hitting instructor.

Realese Schoop

Sooner or later Greene and Carpenter will come back. Wtf has happened to Carpenter ? They guy is really struggling since coming back from the injury.

I?d buy out Baez and move him. Like 97.1 said attach a prospect and pay some of the salary. Idk. He seems bored playing for the tigers.

Last edited:
Back