Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Pirates, Game 108, August 2, 2023

If Harris had half a brain he could have been a hero this season. This division is garbage. Just a few more hitters somewhere and the Tigers could be competing for first place.

Standings after today of this hot garbage division. Shame he won?t replace players like
Baddoo, Haase, mckinstry, Maton,Ibanez, others.

Twins??.55-54
Cleve??.53-56?..2
Detroit?.48-60?..6.5
Chicago..43-66?.13

Just need a streak ! Probably not happening with Tampa coming to town.

Bob, I do admire your fervor, but how far would this team advance in the post-season, even with the acknowledgement that "anything is possible?" Too many glaring holes and with an outfield that is the equivalent of Ike Blesset, Marvin Lane, and a good Riley Greene still indicates to me that the Tigers' playoff run would last the minimum.

Last edited:
Bob, I do admire your fervor, but how far would this team advance in the post-season, even with the acknowledgement that "anything is possible?" Too many glaring holes and with an outfield that is the equivalent of Ike Blesset, Marvin Lane, and a good Riley Greene still indicates to me that the Tigers' playoff run would last the minimum.

also, just think what the trade deadline would have looked like if the Tigers were in the hunt for the division. Would they be buyers further depleting the farm system??

also, just think what the trade deadline would have looked like if the Tigers were in the hunt for the division. Would they be buyers further depleting the farm system??

And, in spite of the "complexity" of the ERODGATE, I do not yet trust Harris to make trades from a buyer's perspective. I still think that he botched the ER trade by failing to consider the inconsiderable and by starting the discussions too close to the trade deadline.

Oh I agree with you but what if Skubal and Erod got hot in a short series ? We could Maybe win some low scoring games ! I would like the young kids to get some post season experience too ! But yes we would get blasted like Tampa Bay is going to do to us this
Weekend lol.

Last edited:
Detroit is too inconsistent. That's why they went from 6.5 games down 6 weeks ago to 6.5 games down now. Even with Minny & Cleveland doing just as bad.

Detroit is too inconsistent. That's why they went from 6.5 games down 6 weeks ago to 6.5 games down now. Even with Minny & Cleveland doing just as bad.

if they were 6.5 games back 6 weeks ago, and 6.5 games back now, wouldn't that make them pretty consistent ;)

Best Teams At Turning Grounders/Bunts Into Outs
1. Yankees
2. Rays
3. Cubs
4. Padres
5. Rangers
6. Orioles
7. Brewers

Worst
25. Twins
26. Royals
27. Reds
28. Tigers by the way..thats WITH one of the top 5 SS defensively in baseball.
29. White Sox
30. Athletics

Alex Lange since June 1
20 G
2-3
7 SV
20 IP
7.20 ERA
1.85 WHIP
100 BF
17 H
18 R
16 ER
20 BB
24 SO

that's a 20% BB% ..and if Fetter Lund Nieves can't fix you..thats a real problem.

Back