Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Rangers, Game #78, June 27, 2023

Tigers 6th

Still up 2-0.
Inanez 1-2 count, foul, 2-2 count . Strikeout.
Baez swings at the first pitch . 5-3
Schoop 1-1 Count F-9
====================
Hitters
Damn it a 4 Pitch BB. P
Damn it. HBP (count was 0-1)
0-1 count FC 4-3 ( double clutch throw by Ibanez) (nice range by AI)
0-2 count Sacrifice a fly (F-8) 2 outs score is 2-1 now
Pitching change. (Nice start by Manning.). Can?t put lead off hitters on.
5.2 innings pitched 4ks and 4BB, 3 hits
Shreve coming in.
Pinch hitter
3-2 count. Foul, foul,
(Give me a break that 2nd pitch was strike Ump) (don?t give too shits that 2nd pitch was a strike)
Runner to third wild pitch or passed ball.
2-2 game soft single to RF. (I would not have throw Jung anything close . ( He K?d 3 or 4 times yesterday I think oh well)
Infield Single wtf Is Spencer and Shreve doing ? Fucking Spencer has to sit . Dude is messed up
Tigers losing 3-2. Sloppy fucking fielding.

Lead off BB and HBP to start inning killed the tigers.
Sloppy fielding by Spencer and Shreve. Pretty sure Shreve was going to field that ball.
Spencer to aggressive I think. Not sure.

Last edited:
Tigers 7th

Texas up 3-2

Miggy 5-3
Ph-Carpenter lazy fly out to cf.

Fucking bullshit that first pitch to miggy was in the same damn spot as the one that
Was called a ball on Shreve. Wtf this umpire is a joke
===============
Rangers 7th

Ground out
3-1 BB. Again pitch number 5 catches corner. (Ranger pitchers are getting that call)
BB. Four fucking pitch walk.
White 10 pitches ? 8bb 2 strikes
Fetter mound visit. (?Hey White. Throw strikes?) !
Soft fly out to Left 2 outs
1-3. Nice bounce back by White

Last edited:
Shreve is making quite the mess this half inning.

All three hits were soft contact. Pretty sure if Spencer goes to the bag Shreve fields that ball on the Infield single. But he sees Spencer going for the ball he has to cover first. None of it should have happened if this damn Ump had the same zone for tiger pitchers as he does for ranger pitchers.
That second pitch to Jung was a strike. He would have K?d. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Tigers 8
Trail 3-2

Ph Mckinstry 0-2 k?s. (Again 2nd pitch was borderline Ump) ridiculous.
Vierling 2-2 count, foul, 3-2 count , foul, strikeout.
That ball is high on pitch 4 Ump come on.
Torkelson 1-1 count Yes a! Kaboom !
3-3 !
Ibanez soft fly out to rf.

Tigers have only 4 hits all in the run scoring inning.
Now we have #5 hits !
==========================
Rangers 8th
3-3 tie
1-2 count, 2-2 count, foul ,3-2 count K?s
About time we got a corner !
2-2 count, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul. 3-2 count (bullshit he went) (Fucking HR 4-3 rangers)
Such bullshit. That check swing was a swing before homer
Ground out 2 outs
Single
Double 5-3 rangers
Single 6-3 . Not the greatest debut for Misiewicz
Homer 8-3 deep cf.
single

Fucking bullshit. That check swing was a strike again tigers get screwed .

Last edited:
All three hits were soft contact. Pretty sure if Spencer goes to the bag Shreve fields that ball on the Infield single. But he sees Spencer going for the ball he has to cover first. None of it should have happened if this damn Ump had the same zone for tiger pitchers as he does for ranger pitchers.
That second pitch to Jung was a strike. He would have K?d. Just my opinion.

Sounds like this ump has a date at the strip club later tonight.

Such bullshit. I guarantee a tiger batter gets rung up on that check swing that Duran didn?t..

Last edited:
Again none of these runs should have scored at all.

Should be 3-3 heading to the 9th if that first base umpire or the umpire behind the plate does his job. We have all seen way lees of a check swing called.

Last edited:
Misiewicz has no out pitches at all it looks like to me.

Last edited:
Texas batter after Duran Hr grounded out. Inning should have been over. Home cooking
Check swing call in my opinion.

Well at least the twins lost tonight but again seems like another missed opportunity to get a game. To many mistakes. I think I am all for a robot to call balls and strikes. Tired of the human Element and home cooking calls.

Last edited:
Tigers 9th .
Trail 8-3
I am protesting this game ! Umps are crooked in Texas lol!

6-3
5-3
F-9

Last edited:
I am now Positive that Harris was subpar before this season. We just have way to many hitting holes. Some of his decisions have really not worked. To many black holes of hitting on offense. Seems like just a tad more effort and we could have had a 3rd baseman better then we have now, and
A bunch of other spots.

Last edited:
Watch post game show. They are going to show that check swing.
Bullcrap. He went lol !

Should been 3-3 top of 9.

Last edited:
You have a couple of pitchers who don't belong on the roster but due to injuries, some players like Manning who returned will during the month of July.

I am withholding most judgement until the next off season of trades Free Agency and if Ilitch is giving him any amount of money to add some quality players to the roster.

Back