Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Royals 5-3-15 Game #26

6-4 now and he should have been rung up. The 0-2 pitch to morales was there

I don't know what the deal is put umps just aren't ringing many guys up much for some reason

Last edited:
JD looks like he could use a stint in Toledo to get his mind right. Now it's carrying over to his defense in the field which means he's totally mind fucked right now. I'm sure we got a kid down there that can do a better job than what he's providing right now.

JD looks like he could use a stint in Toledo to get his mind right. Now it's carrying over to his defense in the field which means he's totally mind fucked right now. I'm sure we got a kid down there that can do a better job than what he's providing right now.

I think they should just sit him down in front of some footage tomorrow on their off day and show him how much he's hacking at garbage, pitchers likely know he's a mess right also, so they'll lay the first one in there off speed of corse knowing he'll prolly take or be out in front of it, then expand the zone and he'll get himself out

Last edited:
5-3 road trip so far. Was hoping for 6-2, but not bad at all.

On to Chicago! We get their top 2 pitchers so won't be easy. We get Quintana in game 3 though and we lit him up hard earlier this season.

Looking over the schedule 4 game in div road series againts KC, (just concluded) CLE, And MINN this year only have the CWS at home for the 4 game series deals why was that not balanced out 2/2

Last edited:
Tigers didn't lose any ground and didn't gain any ground.

Split with these cocky bastards.

JD keeps a log of all his at bats and figures stuff out. Doesn't look like it now, but like ao many of the Tigers, they are trying to do something with pitches from pitchers who are purposely not throwing strikes, hoping they get frustrated and try to do something with pitches out of the zone they are chasing. No one to blame but themselves for the foolhardy over aggressiveness.

Was listening on XM on the ride home while it was 6 - 0. Came out from a pit stop and it was 6 -2. Then 6 - 4. I thought for sure the bullpen gave it up after Ausmus took out Sanchez, but he gave up 3 runs.
How did that work? He left them on and Gorzo let the inherited runners score? Sanchez had to be dealing for 6 innings anyways, did he run out of gas?

JD keeps a log of all his at bats and figures stuff out. Doesn't look like it now, but like ao many of the Tigers, they are trying to do something with pitches from pitchers who are purposely not throwing strikes, hoping they get frustrated and try to do something with pitches out of the zone they are chasing. No one to blame but themselves for the foolhardy over aggressiveness.

Was listening on XM on the ride home while it was 6 - 0. Came out from a pit stop and it was 6 -2. Then 6 - 4. I thought for sure the bullpen gave it up after Ausmus took out Sanchez, but he gave up 3 runs.
How did that work? He left them on and Gorzo let the inherited runners score? Sanchez had to be dealing for 6 innings anyways, did he run out of gas?

I was thinking the same thing about swinging at bad pitches,Miggy is the only one that can swing at them from time to time and still hit .332,the other guys can't.

Tigers beat the royals 6 - 4.

Tigers Victory Cigar!!!!! and a bowl of ice-cream!!!

Streaks and Stats:

Cabrera's home run was the 396th of his career. The homer put him at 56th on the all-time list, tying him with Joe Carter.

Anibal Sanchez made his 200th career start today. He's the 7th Venezuelan in major league history to start 200 games on the mound.

Sanchez didn't give up a hit til the 6th. Gave up 2 in the 7th on a few hits, but still looked ok. K'd the 1st batter in the 8th then gave up a hit. Gorz let that runner score then let one of his own score.

As for JD, I think seeing his name on the HR leader board has got him trying to do too much.

Speaking of HR's....holy hell Nelson Cruz has 13 already! Damn that's an 84 HR pace lol

Sanchez didn't give up a hit til the 6th. Gave up 2 in the 7th on a few hits, but still looked ok. K'd the 1st batter in the 8th then gave up a hit. Gorz let that runner score then let one of his own score.

As for JD, I think seeing his name on the HR leader board has got him trying to do too much.

Speaking of HR's....holy hell Nelson Cruz has 13 already! Damn that's an 84 HR pace lol

No kidding. Just think...the Tigers could have tried to sign him vs. Victor. Less money, younger and can at least play in the field a little bit.

Nice to get the split considering we didn't play well at all the first 2 games and only scored 2 runs in the 3rd game. Price was great. And that is the 1st time Sanchez has given up more than a run to the Royals. Gave up 1 run or less in his previous 7 starts against them but sounds like he still was pretty damn good today (for the most part). We get KC at home after the White Sox.

Thanks for the Sanchez info.

good point.

cheating bastard, is all I think with nelson cruz.

Back