Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Seattle 5/7

As far as what Raburn has done, its not that far out there to say we'd be just as good if we had an automatic out in his spot.

ffs bob, did raburn run over your dog or something? you have to stop making him the scapegoat for what is virtually the entire team's offensive struggles. has he been awful? yes. has he been extremely unlucky? yes. will he improve? yes, based on his track record and awful babip (which after last night's game is down to only .170, 150 points under his career avg). right now he's hitting ninth, a spot half of baseball slots pitchers at and playing decent defense at 2nd. he is NOT our biggest problem right now. he's not even top 5. give it a rest.

ffs bob, did raburn run over your dog or something? you have to stop making him the scapegoat for what is virtually the entire team's offensive struggles. has he been awful? yes. has he been extremely unlucky? yes. will he improve? yes, based on his track record and awful babip (which after last night's game is down to only .170, 150 points under his career avg). right now he's hitting ninth, a spot half of baseball slots pitchers at and playing decent defense at 2nd. he is NOT our biggest problem right now. he's not even top 5. give it a rest.

That's BS. Sure, most are less than their normal numbers but Prince batting .300 and Miggy .920 OPS, even BB 14 RBI etc are still mountains ahead of Raburn. The only player that can be compared to Raburn besides himself, is Inge and he's gone.

top 5 problems in no particular order:

- back end of the bullpen
- consistency from porcello and scherzer (especially max)
- delmon young
- peralta
- boesch

you know why the other 3 hitters are bigger problems? they were expected to contribute a lot more (especially in the first half) and all of them hit higher than raburn does in the lineup, and all of them (so far) have gotten more playing time and more ABs. young is the biggest problem of them all because he's hitting just plain horribily out of the 5 hole. his babip suggests some rebound as well, but not even close to as much as raburn.

inge isnt a good comparison either. inge ALWAYS sucks and has a track record of always sucking and wasnt even playing good defense any more so he had absolutely nothing left he could contribute to the team, unlike raburn. so, no. you cant compare them in this instance.

RBI are a bullshit individual stat too. boesch has 14 because ajax has been on fire for nearly the whole season and brennan would have to have been purposely trying to make outs to not have a handful of RBI by now with that many people on in front of him. he is playing like crap and we're lucky he was finally moved out of the 2 hole. he's playing just god-awful defense right now too.

Last edited:

- delmon young
- peralta
- boesch

you know why the other 3 hitters are bigger problems? they were expected to contribute a lot more (especially in the first half) and all of them hit higher than raburn does in the lineup, and all of them (so far) have gotten more playing time and more ABs. young is the biggest problem of them all because he's hitting just plain horribily out of the 5 hole. his babip suggests some rebound as well, but not even close to as much as raburn.

RBI are a bullshit individual stat anyways. boesch has 14 because ajax has been on fire for nearly the whole season and brennan would have to have been purposely trying to make outs to not have a handful of RBI by now with that many people on in front of him. he is playing like crap and we're lucky he was finally moved out of the 2 hole.

They were expected to do more so bigger problem? Lol. Why not add Prince on there then.

They were expected to do more so bigger problem? Lol. Why not add Prince on there then.

because prince also has a history of slow aprils and should come out of his power slump soon. he's been a bit of a problem, but not one im especially worried about.

i dont see how you can be confused about my point either. it makes sense that slumps from the more important parts of the offense hurt more than others.

because prince also has a history of slow aprils and should come out of his power slump soon. he's been a bit of a problem, but not one im especially worried about.

i dont see how you can be confused about my point either. it makes sense that slumps from the more important parts of the offense hurt more than others.

From early accounts most people hated DY so I'm not sure anyone expected anything from him.

You don't think Kburn batting position is important? Maybe if he got on base AJ's huge season so far would amount to more runs for the offense. It's not just the middle of the order that is important..

- delmon young
- peralta
- boesch

inge isnt a good comparison either. inge ALWAYS sucks and has a track record of always sucking and wasnt even playing good defense any more so he had absolutely nothing left he could contribute to the team, unlike raburn. so, no. you cant compare them in this instance.

RBI are a bullshit individual stat too. boesch has 14 because ajax has been on fire for nearly the whole season and brennan would have to have been purposely trying to make outs to not have a handful of RBI by now with that many people on in front of him. he is playing like crap and we're lucky he was finally moved out of the 2 hole. he's playing just god-awful defense right now too.

This pretty much sums it up. Good post.

From early accounts most people hated DY so I'm not sure anyone expected anything from him.

You don't think Kburn batting position is important? Maybe if he got on base AJ's huge season so far would amount to more runs for the offense. It's not just the middle of the order that is important..

i said MORE important. nowhere did i say that raburn is NOT a problem or that his spot in the lineup is not important at all. i said we have bigger problems. ffs.

you know what, im done with this argument. once again i cant tell if you're trolling on purpose or if you really are this stupid.

Last edited:
i said MORE important. nowhere did i say that raburn is NOT a problem or that his spot in the lineup is not important at all. i said we have bigger problems. ffs.

you know what, im done with this argument. once again i cant tell if you're trolling on purpose or if you really are this stupid.

When you have a lead off hitter having a superb season so far it's as important. Name calling usually means losing an argument. I guess I win.

You're kidding, right? 8-9 other hitters? I hope you're not talking about guys like Worth who have only 10 PA? Or guys like Fielder, who might not have his normal power numbers but is still hit .300 with 14 RBI.

Even BB has 4 HR and a OPS about 200 points more. Raburn is stinking the joint up..

I'm curious who these 8-9 guys are? You can point to big hits from Fielder, Miggy, Peralta, Avila, BB etc that have been helpful in getting wins. I can't think of one think Kburn has done to help. None.

No Mitch, what I'm talking about is saying Raburn costs us games because he did not hit.

Well then every game we lost you have to blame everyone else who did not hit, and so far that's been almost everyone.

The point that hes been tossed out a couple times, that Raburn has costs us any games(this season), is absolutely false. 100% false.

Also, his numbers kept getting brought up, nobody I have seen has ever denied or defended his current numbers. We get it, he's not hitting.

But the idea that keep coming up that we should dump him is ludicrous, he would be snatched up 5 seconds after he hit the waiver wire and then come June, July, August, and September, he would be mashing for another team while we were stuck with Santiago and worth hitting at or near the mendoza line.

Just like Pujols, Raburn is going to hit, and when he does, he's going to hit a ton. I want that ton to be for us.

Last edited:
No Mitch, what I'm talking about is saying Raburn costs us games because he did not hit.

Well then every game we lost you have to blame everyone else who did not hit, and so far that's been almost everyone.

The point that hes been tossed out a couple times, that Raburn has costs us any games, is absolutely false. 100% false.

Also, his numbers kept getting brought up, nobody I have seen has ever denied or defended his current numbers. We get it, he's not hitting.

But the idea that keep coming up that we should dump him is ludicrous, he would be snatched up 5 seconds after he hit the waiver wire and then come June, July, August, and September, he would be mashing for another team while we were stuck with Santiago and worth hitting at or near the mendoza line.

Just like Pujols, Raburn is going to hit, and when he does, he's going to hit a ton. I want that ton to be for us.

How do you know? Those close games, maybe a hit from him might have made a difference. So now Raburn is Pujols?

When you have a lead off hitter having a superb season so far it's as important. Name calling usually means losing an argument. I guess I win.

You still put the worst guy at 9 because he'll get the least PA's.

It sucks that he can't be on base for the leadoff hitter, but thems the breaks.

And if everyone knows that kburn is useless for 3 months why can't we blame JL for using him in the first half? And the first half of 2012 is worst than normal, so maybe he doesn't hit as well in the 2nd half?

You still put the worst guy at 9 because he'll get the least PA's.

It sucks that he can't be on base for the leadoff hitter, but thems the breaks.

Then you try a guy with huge numbers at Toledo, you know Worth? That's what teams do.

How do you know? Those close games, maybe a hit from him might have made a difference. So now Raburn is Pujols?

Damn Mitch, try to grasp what I'm saying.

Those close games, maybe a hit from him wins them, but then maybe a hit from ANYONE, wins them.

My point is you cant hang losses one 1 guy just because he's the dog you want to kick at the moment.

And I never compared Raburn to Pujols, you're reaching.

Back