Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. angels Game Thread July 19

Tigers 5th inning,

Berry grounds out,

Cabrera belts a homerun to left, last 21 games 6 homeruns, 20 rbi, we are witness to one of the greatest players in the game now and when he is finished a first ballot HOF, hopefully after another 10 years as a Tiger,

Tigers lead 5 - 0,

Prince flys deep to left,

Young grounds out,

williams with 78 pitches,

Tigers lead 5 - 0.

With that 400 foot homerun, Cabrera now has 298 for his career, just needs 2 more for becoming the second Venezuelan born player with 300 or more, andres galarraga 399.

Scherzer 89 pitches, brown eye max 4 walks, Blue eye Max 1 run 2 hits 7 k's.

With that 400 foot homerun, Cabrera now has 298 for his career, just needs 2 more for becoming the second Venezuelan born player with 300 or more, andres galarandraga 399.

Cabby should blow that number out of the water with ease...

callaspo doubles,

Max starting to run out of steam 7th inning? 100 pitches now,

little shyt izturis flys deep to center runner tags up to third,

bourjos 2 strikes another slider low please, swings and misses a 98 right at the knees,

8 k's and 104 pitches with 2 outs,

pinch hitter calhoun 2 and 2, fastball strike three called at the knees,

Blue eye Max responds beautifully, 7 innings 109 pitches 1 run 3 hits 4 walks 9 strikeouts,

Tigers lead 5 - 1.

Good 7 innings by Max, when he got into trouble, he pitched out of it well.

Scherzer's 19th career game of 9+ strikeouts, and 7th this season.

Last edited:
It would be crazy if Miggy got up to 700. It is so hard to keep up production late into the career, but it would be awesome if he did! Maybe we can score a couple more this inning to give me complete peace before I head off to work.

Good chance at 600 homeruns? also his doubles were figured out to be around 700 if he plays another 10 years for a 20 year career.

600 is for sure within reach. Playing in Comerica might make it a little bit tougher, that is of course if he finishes his career here...which I'm sure we're all hoping for. 700 doubles should be the easier number with CoPa being a doubles/triples park...

600 home runs is like 30 for the next 10. He averages more than 30 a year but as he gets older it will be harder unless he becomes a pure power hitter and get 40-45 for the foreseeable future. Which I doubt. I suspect 560 HR and 650 Doubles? And both would be awesome.

Last edited:
600 home runs is like 30 for the next 10. He averages more than 30 a year but as he gets older it will be harder unless he becomes a pure power hitter and get 40-45 for the foreseeable future. Which I doubt. I suspect 560 HR and 650 Doubles? And both would be awesome.

Those numbers would be great as well. I kind of think he falls short of 600 maybe around Frank Robinson total, anything close to 700 or over 650 doubles is just amazing.

Back