Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. astros Game Thread May 15

tumblr_m0lu9burh21qdegul.gif

TUIASOSOPO IS 3 FOR 3 AND YOU FUCKING PINCH HIT THE WORST HITTER IN BASEBALL FOR HIM????

god DAMNIT i hate this senile old fuck. coke should have never come in either.

wtf with this guy who has all these great players, and he keeps stepping in shit with his moves like this, and mishandling the bullpen. F'n space between this putz's ears is sometimes like the Windsor Tunnel.

Sorry I missed the game with all of you.

Leyland had his smoke-stained fingerprints all over this loss.

Jason Beck

Leyland: "I didn't really like to bring Coke in against the switch-hitter, but I was worried about strikes."

So I guess that he wasn't too worried about...first pitch RBI doubles?!?

Tigers played a pretty mistake-free ballgame today, but not Jimmuh.

Then they almost won in spite of him.

No reason to pull Smyly so quickly.

No matchup scheme to put in Coke to face a SH whose BA is over.300 RHed.

No sense in PHing Krappy Kelly for Tui who was 3-3 and hitting over .400 vs RHP.

According to the radio broadcast they were gift wrapped the 4 runs in the 2nd inning. They said JP was out on strikes but got a VERY good call. That shit happens and the Tigers couldn't capitolize.

Ten more feet toward right and Miggy has a walk-off grand slam. Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Yeah I never understood the part of have a 440 foot center field in old tiger stadium and "oh lets make the new park 420 feet"...Stupid... Yeah not build a park like the Yankees did.. or ay in between Comerica and that band box..

Yeah I never understood the part of have a 440 foot center field in old tiger stadium and "oh lets make the new park 420 feet"...Stupid... Yeah not build a park like the Yankees did.. or ay in between Comerica and that band box..

The ballclub may have built it to those dimensions to help their overall mediocre @ best pitching out, and b/c they had few if any big bats in the lineups ~ the turn of the century.

The ballclub may have built it to those dimensions to help their overall mediocre @ best pitching out, and b/c they had few if any big bats in the lineups ~ the turn of the century.

I really doubt the team built their stadium based on the dynamic of their roster.

The stadium is gonna be there a while, and the Tigers will be playing in it far longer than any player on their roster will be playing, so it makes no sense as the roster is not static.

Weather down in Texas has tornados.

Tigers' plane made an unexpected pit stop in Tulsa because of the storms. Still awaiting instructions. Tom Gage

Last edited:

Tigers' plane made an unexpected pit stop in Tulsa because of the storms. Still awaiting instructions. Tom Gage

The stars at night...are full of shite...deep in the heart of Tex-ASS!!!

That gigantic CF has helped us far more than it's hurt us.

RyanFieldFSD
Some 10 tornadoes have touched down here in Northern Texas. Thankfully none near our hotel in Fort Worth. Weather has been crazy.

Kelly pinch hits for 3 for 3 Tuiasosopo, got to question that move, regardless of the righty on righty situation,Kelly can't hit leftys or righties

After the game, the Tigers have optioned RHP Al Alburquerque to Toledo, and recalled the contract of RHP Evan Reed.

Evan Reed's Toledo stats: 21 IP, 7 BB, 28 K's, 3.00 ERA.
Reed's FB sits anywhere between 91-95 with two average off-speed pitches, with one being the slider.

After the game, the Tigers have optioned RHP Al Alburquerque to Toledo, and recalled the contract of RHP Evan Reed.

Evan Reed's Toledo stats: 21 IP, 7 BB, 28 K's, 3.00 ERA.
Reed's FB sits anywhere between 91-95 with two average off-speed pitches, with one being the slider.

We are just shuffling the chairs on the Titanic, that's all.

Except, Al Alburquerque has promise. Reed does not.

They did use Dirks. Only he hit for Avi.

i know but i meant you dont pinch hit a dude whos been 3for 3 with probably the worts hitter on the team. if you pinch hit TUI in that situation Leyland should have used Dirks.

I really doubt the team built their stadium based on the dynamic of their roster.

The stadium is gonna be there a while, and the Tigers will be playing in it far longer than any player on their roster will be playing, so it makes no sense as the roster is not static.

"Cabrera two pitches later did what Veras had been struggling to do. Cabrera did his job. He slammed a fat sinker 420 or so feet to the distant auxiliary scoreboard in Comerica's area-code-crossing right-center field expanse."

"Brandon Barnes made a nice catch and the game was over. But in a different manner than it would have ended at all but a couple of ballparks in MLB."

"As with Cabrera's blast ? potentially big numbers for a guy trying to push his team into October's playoffs and maybe win another MVP trophy ? Comerica Park had also done its job."

"It punished a good hitter and well-hit ball and bailed out a slipshod pitching effort. But then it was designed to do just that when blueprints were finalized 15 years ago."

"The theory favored by then-president John McHale and GM http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...idence-Comerica-needs-added-charm-less-space#Randy Smith was that a huge ballpark would be advantageous to a struggling Tigers team in need of signing free-agent pitchers."

Back