Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Diamondbacks Game #61 June 9 2023

byco42

Game Time: 6:40 p.m.

ESPN Game Cast

Tigers SP: Michael Lorenzen RHP W-L 2-2 ERA 3.21 WHIP 0.99
Diamondbacks SP: Merrill Kelly RHP W-L 7-3 ERA 2.80 WHIP 1.08

Detroit Tigers (26-34) 4th in AL Central -3.5 Last 10: 2-8 L6 :ugh:
RF Zach McKinstry L
SS Javier Baez R
1B Spencer Torkelson R
3B Nick Maton L
DH Kerry Carpenter L
2B Zack Short R
LF Akil Baddoo L
C Jake Rogers R
CF Jake Marisnick R

Arizona Diamondbacks (37-25) 1st in NL West +1.5 Last 10: 8-2, W2

RF Pavin Smith L
2B Ketel Marte S
LF C. Carroll L
1B C. Walker R
DH E. Rivera R
3B Josh Rojas L
CF J. McCarthy L
SS G. Perdomo S
C Jose Herrera S

Game Notes BR

Game Notes Freep

Umpires: James Hoye (HPU), D.J. Reyburn, John Libka, Clint Vondrak

2% Precipitation
76? Wind 8 mph Out
LINE ARI -145
O/U 8.0 Runs

Tickets

Last edited:
Another team that has been terrible and is good again during the Tigers 7 year rebuild.

Please sell the team Chris !

Selling the team is not going to fix the problem.
The problem is a team like Tampa Bay with less money keeps players that have come thru their farm system and what do you know their winning.
MONEY IS ONLY A PART OF THE PROBLEM. Drafting player development. coaching, scouting, are just important. And one problem, finding players that want to play in Detroit.

Selling the team is not going to fix the problem.
The problem is a team like Tampa Bay with less money keeps players that have come thru their farm system and what do you know their winning.
MONEY IS ONLY A PART OF THE PROBLEM. Drafting player development. coaching, scouting, are just important. And one problem, finding players that want to play in Detroit.

L.

I?m aware but Chris has shown no ability to get the right guys in the the right places. I certainly hope Harris is the answer. Early returns were promising. But the last month I am beginning to wonder about Harris. I?m sure I?m wrong as usual but latest moves have left my me wondering.The direction of the tigers. Just a little money spent last off season and the tigers may have been in first place.

Last edited:
I heard on a radio show (97.1 in Detroit). I think from Gator Scott Anderson and he said the tigers were at a crossroads when the traded all the big pieces away. Martinez , Verlander , and chose not to resign Max. A few others. They said the tigers could not afford to spend like the dodgers and Mets and others. You mentioned Tampa bay who never spends.

I looked it up. It?s a Fallacy that Chris couldn?t spend if he wanted to like his father.
Mike.

Illich holdings run by Chris Illich are worth 3.8 billion with a B.
They are tied for 7th in baseball using the list.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1125149/wealthiest-mlb-teams-owners/

It?s ridiculous that the Tigers are not in first place in the central.

Last edited:
23 teams have coughed up more leads than DET.
Most blown leads by MLB teams
(led a game they lost):

21 OAK STL KC
19 CWS CLE
18 CIN SEA
17 LAA WSH
16 LAD CHC
14 ATL COL SF
13 MIA MIN SD
12 ARI TOR
11 BAL NYM HOU PHI
10 DET
9 TEX NYY TB PIT
8 BOS MIL

Wins Above Average by Position for the Detroit Tiger so far in 2023:
SP -1.1 (23rd and that?s with ERod?s amazing stretch)
RP .1 (14th)
C -.8 (26th)
1B -1.2 (27th)
2B -.3 (23rd)
3B -.9 (29th)
SS -.6 (26th)
LF -.4 (21st)
CF .6 (14th)
RF -.3 (19th)
DH -1.6 (30th)

UPDATED Tigers record under Ilitch: 2,181-2,601, .456%
0 World Series Champions
2x American League Champions
4x American League Central Division Champions
1x American League Wild Card
4x 100 plus loss seasons
21 losing seasons out of 30 seasons under Ilitch family.

Kerry Carpenter has returned to the Tigers from his rehab assignment. He will be the designated hitter for tonight?s game against the Diamondbacks.
Tyler Nevin has been optioned to Triple-A Toledo to make room for Kerry Carpenter on the active roster.

The Tigers have announced the following roster moves:
*Claimed INF Nick Solak off waivers from Atlanta and optioned him to Triple A Toledo.
*To make room for Solak on the 40-man roster, transferred RHP Spencer Turnbull to the 60-day IL.
I wonder if Turnbull will ever throw another pitch for the Tigers?

Last edited:
Record by this family is damning. They are 7th in money and they absolutely suck at building a baseball team.

Tigers fail again with a runner on 3rd and less then 2 outs. Roger's k's.. He is so bad.

Baez has his hit tonight. May as well swing at the first pitch. First two batters see 3 pitches before getting outs.

Baddoo hurt, whats the over under, 4 weeks?

Last edited:
Short up
Maton on 3rd. Carpenter on first .

Short Hits a deep fly ball to that shit hole center field in comerica and at least gets a sac fly 400 foot out I think.
2-2. Man tiger hitters just can?t get that big hit. Decent at bat though.

Ibanez flys out weakly to left field.

Last edited:
Back to back doubles by Arizona 3-2. When was the last time we have done that ?

First double was terribly miss played by Mckinstry in RF. That was so miss played by Mckinstry. Had to bite us sooner later

Then a nice bunt moves runner over and a single. 4-2 AZ.

Last edited:
Was a good outing until the 7th.

Vest in with runners on the corners.

Last edited:
Another terrible review goes against the tigers. That bat never touched Rogers glove. I didn?t see it.

Bases loaded now a 3-1 count.
Lmao. Vest blows can?t even throw a strike when the guy is taking all the way. 5-2

Vest gives up a Grand a slam. 9-2. Other teams have zero issues hitting homers with the fences moved in lol.

Last edited:
Must be nice to have a young athletic team that can hit like Az.

Fuck Off Rogers ! Doing just enough to stay up.
Down 9-3

Glad they all like losing in the dugout. I just don?t see the point in celebrating a homer in a 9-2 game.

Last edited:
Back