Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. giants in the 2012 World Series

Tigers vs. giants in 2012 World Series

• Tigers Win in 4 Games

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Tigers Win in 5 Games

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Tigers Win in 6 Games

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Tigers Win in 7 Games

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • giants win in 4 games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • giants win in 5 games

• giants win in 6 games

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • giants win in 7 games

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also I'm waiting for the person who will pick giants in 4, but not bother to post about it. [just like the previous 2 polls]

Just vote and run away.

I voted Tigers in 6.

I don't see how anybody could vote for the Giants to sweep; they pretty much suck in non-elimination games.

Two teams that I haven't ever seen play against each other. One of these teams, I haven't followed extensively, and haven't really seen play against any common opponent of the Tigers. One team sweeping and sitting for almost a week, the other one sitting at home for one day. I will hope for Tigers in 5, but there really isn't enough information to get a real feel for how this series goes.

Last edited:
I think the Tigers sweep just for the simple fact the Giants just finished a very emotional 7 game series with St. Louis and may not have the energy, or the heart, to get back up to that level so soon.

I think the Tigers sweep just for the simple fact the Giants just finished a very emotional 7 game series with St. Louis and may not have the energy, or the heart, to get back up to that level so soon.

Heart, energy - they'll probably pumped. Might have been draining but they want to win as much as anyone.

I picked Detroi in 6. More of a feeling than anything. Haven't seen much of the Giants other than high lights and ERA stats.

JV won't start game 7. They're not going to use him 1, 5 and then 7. That's just dumb.

JV won't start game 7. They're not going to use him 1, 5 and then 7. That's just dumb.

Why is it dumb? Hes a workhorse, he's the best pitcher on the planet, and if anyone could dominate on 3 days rest, its him. And its not like we'd need to save him for another start the next week either.

Why is it dumb? Hes a workhorse, he's the best pitcher on the planet, and if anyone could dominate on 3 days rest, its him. And its not like we'd need to save him for another start the next week either.

That's not the point. They use a 4 man rotation they're not suddenly going to switch it to a 2 man rotation, JV - Fister - JV. Leyland won't do that otherwise he would have JV pitch game 4 rather than 5.

Last edited:
That's not the point. They use a 4 man rotation they're not suddenly going to switch it to a 2 man rotation, JV - Fister - JV. Leyland won't do that otherwise he would have JV pitch game 4 rather than 5.

...it would be game 7 of the world series. who gives a fuck what the rotation order is at that point? you go with the best pitcher on the planet.

7 game series, anything is possible for who starts even with his giving the games and starters for each,
Leyland could change things up and have JV start on the short rest, and everyone else is ready in the bullpen to pitch as well. They have the whole off season to rest their arms.
jmo.

Before the season I put some money on the Tigers to win the WS. It was 9:1 so if they win I have an extra $750 for victory cigars!

That's great!!!!
I still have a couple of Cubans stashed in the humidor and hope to smoke them as Tigers Victory Cigars providing our Tigers do win 4 more games.

Hadn't thought of that. Not in this day and age, unless Game 5 is a 2-hit, 85-pitch outing. Verlander would be available for spot duty I imagine for Game 7, but not as a starter.

...it would be game 7 of the world series. who gives a fuck what the rotation order is at that point? you go with the best pitcher on the planet.

They didn't do it with the Unit or any other horse? Why JV and do you really think Leyland would do it? Hey if he wants him game 1 4 and 7, no problem but Leyland will not start JV game 5 and game 7.

Hadn't thought of that. Not in this day and age, unless Game 5 is a 2-hit, 85-pitch outing. Verlander would be available for spot duty I imagine for Game 7, but not as a starter.

That's my thinking. Sure have him in the pen ala Randy Johnson but he goes 120-130 and then two games later its tough.

Back