Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians Game Thread July 8

The open spot for AL in HR Derby is indeed for Cabrera. He said Cano asked him. He's waiting to see how his back feels.
Post game from Jason Beck

I was listening to the Indians' radio cast last night and I was impressed with it. Balanced, subtle and the play-by-play guy, Tom Hamilton, was highly complementary of the Tigers. Jim Rosenhaus, the analyst, actually made sense when he spoke, unlike Jim Price, who is the Ed McMahon of the radio dial. Hamilton did gripe a little when he observed that the Tigers play the White Sox 16 times after the trade deadline, and I think that he has a point. How is it that the scheduling mechanism can't split the games more efficiently? I have MLB 13 and I think I'm going to make a habit of listening to the opponent's cast, as Dickerson and Price (especially Price) are wearing thin on me.

that is the last thing I want him doing with his current back issue.

The HRD is a farce at best anyway. I'd rather watch reruns of the TV show Ball Four. There were a total of 5 episodes produced.

I was listening to the Indians' radio cast last night and I was impressed with it. Balanced, subtle and the play-by-play guy, Tom Hamilton, was highly complementary of the Tigers. Jim Rosenhaus, the analyst, actually made sense when he spoke, unlike Jim Price, who is the Ed McMahon of the radio dial. Hamilton did gripe a little when he observed that the Tigers play the White Sox 16 times after the trade deadline, and I think that he has a point. How is it that the scheduling mechanism can't split the games more efficiently? I have MLB 13 and I think I'm going to make a habit of listening to the opponent's cast, as Dickerson and Price (especially Price) are wearing thin on me.

The scheduling of us and the Whitsox is stupid. They're one of our main division rivals and we don't play them until over half the season is gone? Sometimes it's not who you play, but when you play them. Normally you don't want to play any team so many games so close together, because what if that team happens to be having an extremely hot month. But, they make a great point about 16 of the games being after the trade deadline, unless the Whitesux go on a crazy run, they're going to be big sellers and could be fielding a team half filled with their young prospects after the deadline. I could really see us wearing them out and going like 12-4 or 13-3 against them in those games. The Whitesox held their hand too long, the time for rebuilding was a year or 2 ago, now it's going to be a dismantling and a rebuild job from the ground up.

^^^^^ You'd think that the MLB big brains would consider all this in scheduling teams. But no. Interleague play is also one wrench that fouls the mechanism.

The scheduling of us and the Whitsox is stupid. They're one of our main division rivals and we don't play them until over half the season is gone? Sometimes it's not who you play, but when you play them. Normally you don't want to play any team so many games so close together, because what if that team happens to be having an extremely hot month. But, they make a great point about 16 of the games being after the trade deadline, unless the Whitesux go on a crazy run, they're going to be big sellers and could be fielding a team half filled with their young prospects after the deadline. I could really see us wearing them out and going like 12-4 or 13-3 against them in those games. The Whitesox held their hand too long, the time for rebuilding was a year or 2 ago, now it's going to be a dismantling and a rebuild job from the ground up.

the scheduling is in our advantage big time, we've played a lot of tough teams and we're finished with the west coast. that will allow us to pull away from the Indians and royals. the same thing happened last year, we were neck and neck with Chicago but they still had a long west coast trip in September and that's when we made up a lot of ground.

Back