Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. mariners Game Thread April 18

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup:
Jackson CF
Dirks LF
Cabrera 3B
Fielder 1B
Martinez DH
Peralta SS
Avila C
Infante 2B
Kelly RF
Verlander P

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_04_18_detmlb_seamlb_1&mode=gameday&c_id=det
Gameday from mlb.com

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=330418112&teams=detroit-tigers-vs-seattle-mariners
Tigers vs. mariners Game Preview.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/6341/justin-verlander
Verlander vs. mariners.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/30965/hisashi-iwakuma
Tigers Hitters vs. iwakuma.

Happy Birthdays!!!! to Miguel Cabrera and Johnny 2x2x.

Last edited:
We are struggling offensively and Hunter sits today...and not for Tui, who can at least draw a fucking walk from time to time, but for Don freakin' Kelly.

/facepalm

We are struggling offensively and Hunter sits today...and not for Tui, who can at least draw a fucking walk from time to time, but for Don freakin' Kelly.

/facepalm

someone needs to kidnap kelly and ship him off to siberia.

Not to defend Kelly, but the rest of the Tigers lineup should be FAR more than adequate in covering up for Donnie's shortcomings and limitations @ the plate. No less than 4 of the 5 Tigers are in the lineup, who are hitting in the top 25 in the AL. The mariners are a team that the Tigers should, more often than not, be able to crush offensively, (except in King Felix' case, obviously) and yet here they are striking out like they are using T-ball sticks instead of baseball bats @ the plate.

/facepalm

I'm calling it now, Don Kelly will have a nice day and further cement himself on Jimmy's Christmas card list.

Not to defend Kelly, but the rest of the Tigers lineup should be FAR more than adequate in covering up for Donnie's shortcomings and limitations @ the plate. No less than 4 of the 5 Tigers are in the lineup, who are hitting in the top 25 in the AL. The mariners are a team that the Tigers should, more often than not, be able to crush offensively, (except in King Felix' case, obviously) and yet here they are striking out like they are using T-ball sticks instead of baseball bats @ the plate.

We scored 2 runs in the last 14 innings. And struck out 37 times in the last 2 games, I don't know that I would use the term "more than adequate".

especially when Donny ballgame is filling in for one of our best hitters.

Last edited:
What is up boys, great game last night. I only made it through about 12 1/2 innings and missed the end. Would anybody object to a easy win for the Tigers today? Hopefully JV will not have too much trouble with this lineup and the Tigers bats will come alive.

Sorry I'm late guys...the Michigan board is hoppin' today...all kinds of wacky threads about McGary and Robinson's dual announcement today...and does being stupid and fat equal tough...Ohio*'s championship of nothing rings...a thread that went on to be about HGH; nanobot pain management, and how easy it is to get laid by hot chicks in the South...

Night game that went 14 innings and over at 3 something AM this morning, and Hunter Age 37 has this game off, I don't mind all that much. It is what it is, the bench isn't the best.. One silver lining to this is that Kelly is batting 9th and not put in the same spot of the batting order of the starter like years past.

lol Rod just said that Leyland wants to get Kelly more at bats this year, so he can get on track this year.............ALL ABOARD The Leyland train, the one that has No Tracks.

lol Rod just said that Leyland wants to get Kelly more at bats this year, so he can get on track this year.............ALL ABOARD The Leyland train, the one that has No Tracks.

Because Rod never talks out of his ass or anything...

I've heard Leyland say this during postgame too.

Watched the postgame last night and someone asked Leyland if maybe Prince needed a day off and he said "No, but I'm thinking of giving Hunter a day off". Right away I thought "FUCK looks like Don Kelly time tomorrow". Sure as shit, Donnie Ballgame is in the lineup again.

JV throwing a lot of pitches, with as deep into the bp as we had to go last night he needs to pitch at least 7 strong innings today imo.

JV throwing a lot of pitches, with as deep into the bp as we had to go last night he needs to pitch at least 7 strong innings today imo.

Well Downs only faced 1 batter, and Smyly only pitched an inning.

Bevis, Downs, Coke, Smyly, and Benoit should all be available I would think.

You guys have probably talked about this in the past but why is Verlander pitching 91-94 mph on his fastball. Is he just pacing himself or has he always pitched at that speed early in the season.

Back