Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. marlins Game Thread September 29

Who really cares? This lineup was worse than the Astros probably, big ass deal.

Lol you guys are the whiniest bunch of fans I've ever come across. A three time defending division winner is "sickening" "a joke" and "embarrassing" and everyone should be fired. It was only 10 years ago we lost 119 games.

Yeah I don't care if we won the division by 30 games or 1. We won the division.

wow...just. wow. i know this series was entirely meaningless since we got the K record, but wow.

- scored 3 runs total in 3 games
- bullpen blew a 1-0 game with 2 outs in the 9th and lost on a walk-off in extra innings
- got no-hit by some random guy
- lose the no-hit game with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th on a bases-loaded, walk-off wild pitch

...what the fucking fuck was that shit?

I would like to believe there were all just out late partying at south beach every night, please tell me that was the case?

Lol you guys are the whiniest bunch of fans I've ever come across. A three time defending division winner is "sickening" "a joke" and "embarrassing" and everyone should be fired. It was only 10 years ago we lost 119 games.

1-8 in World series play..
We all know what we lost in 2003...Most of us were all here rooting for them to not break the alltime losing record... Where were you? Oh waiting to jump on the bandwagon..
Division titles are nice and great but freaking win the damn world series when you are suppose to...

Last edited:
Lol ok guys I wanna finish up this Lions game here. Again, not trying to start arguments, it's just depressing to read nothing but doom and gloom, when we overall had another good season. Anything can happen from here, so let's go Tigers!!

Tigers are built to win the series... Frustrating they are playing so poorly right now..

We all know what we lost in 2003...Most of us were all here rooting for them to not break the alltime losing record... Where were you? Oh waiting to jump on the bandwagon..
Division titles are nice and great but freaking win the damn world series when you are suppose to...

Relax man. I watched them in 2003 just like you did. I've been watching since about 95 or 96. Sorry if that doesn't make me a "true fan".

Nice way to end the regular season Tigers O and BP!!

Swept, SHO, and no hit!!

Coughing up hairballs into the postseason:ugh:

EDIT My preseason poll prediction of 93 wins was spot on.

Last edited:
Winning he div isn't the goal, offense not shitting the bed in the post season is

Lol ok guys I wanna finish up this Lions game here. Again, not trying to start arguments, it's just depressing to read nothing but doom and gloom, when we overall had another good season. Anything can happen from here, so let's go Tigers!!

This regular season was way more enjoyable than last year's for sure.

The whole point in why some of us are worried is Franchises like the Tigers only get so many chances to win a world series... We had a crack at two in the last 6 years and failed badly.. We have a great starting rotation a window for a chance at greatness as a team the next 3 years... We have to get it done.. We don't know how the organization will be run in the future after Mr I. If we had won just one of these last two we would be sitting on house money... It really is great that we are back but we have to finish..

Relax man. I watched them in 2003 just like you did. I've been watching since about 95 or 96. Sorry if that doesn't make me a "true fan".

We are all just worried.. And we have a right to be... A lot different then whining...

yep. huge crybabies on this board.

When were we "supposed to"?

Last year we had the worst record of any team in the AL playoffs, even worse then the 2 WC teams.

In 2006 we were not even supposed to get past the first round.

Neither of those years were we the best team, or probably even top 4 in the post season, yet we came in second. But nobody can stop and think for a second that that is a good thing, that 2 out of 30 is pretty fucking good.

How did we become so spoiled less than 10 years from setting the AL record for losses?

We are all just worried.. And we have a right to be... A lot different then whining...

I'm not denying that. We are all worried. What fanbase isn't worried right now? No team is perfect and in a short series anyone can be beat. People seem to be throwing in the towel before the playoffs even start though. I'm in total agreement with what you posted before as well, in that the Tigers NEED to finish the job this year by winning it all.

The whining I was referring to was posters calling the Tigers "a joke" "embarrassing" and "sickening". That's not expressing worry, that's whining. That's all I meant.

When were we "supposed to"?

Last year we had the worst record of any team in the AL playoffs, even worse then the 2 WC teams.

In 2006 we were not even supposed to get past the first round.

Neither of those years were we the best team, or probably even top 4 in the post season, yet we came in second. But nobody can stop and think for a second that that is a good thing, that 2 out of 30 is pretty fucking good.

How did we become so spoiled less than 10 years from setting the AL record for losses?

We were favored over the Cardinals big time... and a slight favorite over the giants

What is the wild card scenario? Looks like Cleveland will win today so they are in the game. Tampa is about to win. Texas is down early. If Texas wins as well do they have the tie breaker over Tampa or is that a 1 game playoff to see who plays the Indians in a 1 game playoff???

I'm not denying that. We are all worried. What fanbase isn't worried right now? No team is perfect and in a short series anyone can be beat. People seem to be throwing in the towel before the playoffs even start though. I'm in total agreement with what you posted before as well, in that the Tigers NEED to finish the job this year by winning it all.

The whining I was referring to was posters calling the Tigers "a joke" "embarrassing" and "sickening". That's not expressing worry, that's whining. That's all I meant.

In my baseball experience as a fan getting no hit is embarrassing and the correct word to use about today's game and the series in general verses the Marlins who are a really bad baseball club..

Back