Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. pirates Game 56 June 8, 2022

Tork is only at .194 but his OBP is 100 points higher. That is something to like. It gives me hope.

I really don't like Baez

I do. But continuing to swing and miss at the same pitch in the same location multiple times during each at bat is frustrating to watch. Very few of the down and away sliders he swings at are strikes.

Gotta make the adjustment at some point, buddy. Having some traffic on in front of him occasionally would definitely help, but his already bad plate discipline is getting worse.

Should've put in Baez's contract that when he swings at sliders in the dirt he's fined $10,000

coming into the game he had 19 which ranks 137th in baseball. Of course he doesn't have many chances since nobody seems to get on base

I just look at his career numbers. Since the Tigers under Avila seem destined not to make the playoffs its the only thing to root for.
I think he had 1824 now. That's alot.

Last edited:
I just look at his career numbers. Since the Tigers under Avila seem destined not to make the playoffs its the only thing to root for.
I think he had 1824 now. That's alot.

The way I look at it, Miggy's days are over. He is part of the past. I really don't care about his career numbers. I am looking toward the future.

The way I look at it, Miggy's days are over. He is part of the past. I really don't care about his career numbers. I am looking toward the future.

Keep looking and waiting as long as the f'n dope is the GM. Greene will help and Tork should come around, this adjustment is taking longer for him than his stops in the minors as he ascended to the Tigers.
Who else is a real bonafide starter that you can build around? Schoop over 30, Baez? I could strike him out with a 74 year old slider away, no other OF'er,
the starters when healthy and the ones who have had a chance with the original 4 of 5 on the shelf are good and a good bullpen for a change.
They need offense. Trades and FA, I don't trust the dumb ass Avila to get it right. He couldn't shoot a fish in a barrel to find a couple of hitters.

Gregory Soto 1.71 ERA 12 saves. Does anyone want to DFA him anymore?

Fulmer 97.3 and 96 today...that's very good news.

DET has so so so many hitters who do zero damage on pitches middle middle.
Jose Miguel Torres Cabrera is not one of them.

Five 3 hit innings with 17 swing and misses for Alex Faedo..if his name was Casey Mize they would be throwing him a parade.

pretty clear that Alex Faedo has the second best command to Tarik Skubal in the Tigers rotation..especially with his FB.

I typically have some pretty sophisticated baseball answers..but I have none regarding why Spencer Torkeslon cannot hit FB middle middle or why Javy Baez is not capable of reading spin out of the hand.

2B who have enough AB to qualify when ranking wRC+
Johnathan Schoop 58 wRC+ ranks 27/27
Schoop hs been hitting 2/3 in the order for DET for a month..
Willi Castro number the last 70 AB I tweeted last night..he's been hitting leadoff..is it a coincidence they can't score..

mantra about hitters..if you don't walk..you will never hit in the major leagues..yes there's always outliers..but very very few..they are unicorns..currently the bottom two teams in walk rate in MLB
CWS 6.2% BB 91 wRC+
DET 6.7% BB 75 wRC+

Everyone's favorite Tigers analyst MGorosh

Keep looking and waiting as long as the f'n dope is the GM. Greene will help and Tork should come around, this adjustment is taking longer for him than his stops in the minors as he ascended to the Tigers.
Who else is a real bonafide starter that you can build around? Schoop over 30, Baez? I could strike him out with a 74 year old slider away, no other OF'er,
the starters when healthy and the ones who have had a chance with the original 4 of 5 on the shelf are good and a good bullpen for a change.
They need offense. Trades and FA, I don't trust the dumb ass Avila to get it right. He couldn't shoot a fish in a barrel to find a couple of hitters.

They have some pitchers to be excited about and a lot of young guys in the minors, or just starting their big league careers, that have a lot of potential.

Except he's one of the better hitters on the team right now. Doesn't matter that its Detroit he's hitting well. Its baseball dude, career numbers are important. It's stat's driven. What's wrong with you, lol.

Back