Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. pirates Game Thread June 24

How was I rooting for him to fail?

I said it's a bad idea for him to bat 5th and it is, because he fucking sucks.

Now lecture me on not giving players credit assclown, and I'll refer you to the Verlander thread.

/good day troll.

I give Verlander tons of credit, I just wanted to a friggin CY Young year before I crowed him almighty king. Who's better than DY to play the 5 spot?

That douchebag in the greenish yellow shirt better be gone from the crowd if they show that area again. He reached over and tried to break up that catch by Rayburn. Bullshit!

Last edited:
I give Verlander tons of credit, I just wanted to a friggin CY Young year before I crowed him almighty king. Who's better than DY to play the 5 spot?

off the top of my head...

Ajax, Peralta, Avila

for the record on young with RISP: yeah he has 17 hits in 58 AB (for a .293 avg, not .300) but 13 of those are singles with 4 doubles. no homers (like he could triple), 11 strikeouts to only 3 walks, and 4 double plays. i wouldnt consider those numbers very good for a 5-hole hitter. maybe a bottom of the order one, which he is. the season is nearly half done and he has only 17 RBI with RISP. its pathetic.

off the top of my head...

Ajax, Peralta, Avila

but Ajax is leading off. Avila is a lefty (two lefty rule) and not really playing good anyway. Peralta is a good suggestion but I recall him being pretty horrible with runners in scoring position.

Whatever, he's younger than Berry. He's got a lot of talent. You should be happy for our players, not rooting for them to fail. The guy is hitting .300 with runners in scoring position but the board would make you think otherwise.

so he's younger than Berry, big deal,
he's a hack, he is horrible defensively,

he's got that one thing going for him, overall his numbers prove he is awful, counting and saber, you of all people who wants to teach the immediate baseball world aka as "thetutor" knows this......
but,
all you are trying to do, is look for an opening to start another argument in a game thread, take it and run with it, and continue to hijack the thread, and upset most everyone.

for the record on young with RISP: yeah he has 17 hits in 58 AB (for a .293 avg, not .300) but 13 of those are singles with 4 doubles. no homers (like he could triple), 11 strikeouts to only 3 walks, and 4 double plays. i wouldnt consider those numbers very good for a 5-hole hitter. maybe a bottom of the order one, which he is. the season is nearly half done and he has only 17 RBI with RISP. its pathetic.

Tutor destroyed as usual...lol.

still argue? I made a simple question, who's going to have a better batting average?
except its a stupid question. for one, i wouldnt doubt that berry would have a chance to top delmon's .261 BA, but Berry is going to slaughter young's OBP. young is only at .295 which is pathetic for a bench player let alone your DH and 5-hole hitter, and Berry is at .388. Sure Berry will likely regress a bit, but I seriously doubt he'll regress to delmon's pathetic career OBP of .319.

you know whats really sad though? Berry has very little power but STILL has a higher OPS than useless young, .773 to .677. Thats just sad (for young and people who are stupid enough to think he's even a decent player).

you don't think it has to do with possibly Fielder nor Cabby being in scoring position often for him? When they are jacking homers, there's nobody on base. Or when they are hitting berry and jackson in with a single. ( btw Fielder only has ONE homerun when a guys in scoring position)

but Ajax is leading off. Avila is a lefty (two lefty rule) and not really playing good anyway. Peralta is a good suggestion but I recall him being pretty horrible with runners in scoring position.

Yes that's what Ajax is doing, but I'm saying who would be better.

I'd go:

Berry
Peralta
Fielder
Cabrera
Ajax
Avila
Boesch
Young
Raburn/Santiago/Worth

Delmon is not a 5 hitter. period.

His best season came with him hitting 7th.

so he's younger than Berry, big deal,
he's a hack, he is horrible defensively,

he's got that one thing going for him, overall his numbers prove he is awful, counting and saber, you of all people who wants to teach the immediate baseball world aka as "thetutor" knows this......
but,
all you are trying to do, is look for an opening to start another argument in a game thread, take it and run with it, and continue to hijack the thread, and upset most everyone.
I think you guys get way more upset than you should. He really hasn't said anything horrible to anyone on this board since Ive been on here. He's just stating his opinion. Which, is what I thought these types of forums are for.

I think you guys get way more upset than you should. He really hasn't said anything horrible to anyone on this board since Ive been on here. He's just stating his opinion. Which, is what I thought these types of forums are for.

Because you have not been here long enough to notice his M.O.

He loves to troll.

Back