Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rays Game Thread August 23

Wow.....way to knuckleup Phil!

2 more wins and we sweep the season series against these no-fan choads.

zobrist tries to cue it down right foul, fouled at the plate, again foul down right, low, wtf was that, oh shit wild pitch second and third, like pulling teeth, 2 out and this bullshit, low full f'n count, ground foul, Coke near 50 pitches, ground foul, Coke keeps spitting and spitting trying to break matt garza's record for spitting in a game in just 2 innings, ground foul, again, now Avila out to talk, grounder to Cabrera and he runs to first,

Tigers steal a win 2 - 1,
everybody take a deep breath,
Coke sets a record for spitting during a game in just 2 innings,
Tigers Victory Cigar.

Coke and the bullpen are a good thing... What a job by him.. Should have been there all season...

WIN!!! oh man that one run barely held up over the last few innings. that was intense! and the tribe lost the second game tonite

MI_Thumb said:
Wow.....way to knuckleup Phil!

2 more wins and we sweep the season series against these no-fan choads.

EDIT: I'm going to bed, 101 posts away from Jedi ;)

the best part is that we dont have to face shields this series! we might actually have a chance to sweep.

Hate to take anything for granted with this team but I think splitting the next 2 games should not be a problem. Coming into this series I would have been happy with a split.

Penny with the win,
Coke with the save,
Tigers continue to do much better on the road compared to last year, now 33 and 31 with 17 more to go, last year 29 and 52.
Tigers are now 70 and 58.

Well boys, I am going to call it a night. See you tomorrow, same bat time, same bat place.

jdbaker1 said:
Well boys, I am going to call it a night. See you tomorrow, same bat time, same bat place.

Cool.

They did used to say that on Wednesdays for Thursdays the next day, not on Tuesdays for Wednesdays.

But I'm with ya, nevertheless.

Just came to tell you all I'm eating my Brad Penny/Jim Leyland crow with some Sweet Baby Ray's and Pierogies. Never happier to be wrong.

Crazy stat line for Coke lol. 2 innings, 5Ks, 2 walks 2 hits.....0 RUNS! How is TB even a franchise?...one of your better pitchers and you seat 11000 in attendance....pathedic.

Very big win today, we have beat two real good pitchers the last two days, now we ne mad max to step up.

Back