Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Reds Game 144 September 12 2023

So far I have not seen the contact play work for much Detroit this year. I?d rather see a bunt attempt suicide squeeze. Tigers just are not a good situational team at all.. Spencer had a good at bat in the 10th. The other batters stunk. Baddoo?s was the worst of the bunch.

Last edited:
So far I have not seen the contact play work for much Detroit this year. I?d rather see a bunt attempt suicide squeeze. Tigers just are not a good situational team at all.. Spencer had a good at bat in the 10th. The other batters stunk. Baddoo?s was the worst of the bunch.
You want the Tigers to bunt? The Tigers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Eastern division
Yankees 2-5
Baltimore 1-6
Boston 1-5
Tampa Bay 1-5
Blue jays 2-4
===============
7-25

Mets 3-0
Giants 3-0
Brewers 2-1
Rockies 2-1
Cards 2-1
Pittsburgh 2-2
Philadelphia 0-3
Arizona 0-3
Atlanta 1-2
San Diego 1-2
Washington 1-2
Marlins 1-2
Cubs 1-2
Reds 0-1
==============
19-22

Verses West
Oakland 1-2
Texas 3-4
LAA 0-3
Seattle 3-3
Astros 3-3
=============
10-15

Verses Central
White Sox 8-5
Kansas City 7-3
Cleveland 7-3.
Minnesota 8-5.
===================
Division 30-16

Tigers Home 31-42
Tigers away 35-36
===============
Tigers overall are 66-78

Tigers 19-22 in inter league.
Tigers are 19-18 in one run game's
Tigers are 56-69 in 9 inning games.
Tigers are 9-8 in xtra inning game
========================
First half???..39-50
Second half?...27-28
=======================
Tigers by the month
Month by Month
Split W L RS RA W-L%
March 0-1 0 4 .000
April 10-16 88 131
May 16-11 116 125
June 9-18 105 132
July 12-13 108 120
Aug.13-15 110-139
Sept 6-4 43-30

You want the Tigers to bunt? The Tigers?

Some times . Not every batter. Spencer and other power hitter no. But it keeps defenders on their toes..
Guys like Baddoo should know how to bunt. Baddoo just isn?t a good hitter.
That stupid contact play had zero chance of scoring. It was a 1 or 2 easy hopper right at the player
Ibanez was out buy a country mile.
We are 11 games under .500 at home. Something has to change. Better hitters I guess.

[Just another frustrating home loss. Tigers can?t being a runner in from third with less then 2 outs yet again]

Last edited:
And if Ibanez didn't run we still don't score.

Yeah Shitty at bat by Baddoo. Contact play only works of it?s not hit at some.
I?d rather have the runner break from third on a bunt. Only if the hitter can bunt. (We know Baddoo can?t)
Sadly Buck probably throws to hard. Tigers just can?t hit fly balls with runners on third and less then 2 outs.

Last edited:
I don't know how you call it a contact play, as the kittens strikeout too much. It's hit and react play guess I'll try.

You are right we do strikeout to muchAJ just said the contact play was on I think. I caught tail end. He also Said if it?s hit right at someone they will more then likely be out. Idk.
Seems like every time I watch it we have runner gunned out at home. Look I know we are not going to bunt. But we are a terrible team with a runner on third and less then 2 outs. But then we have a lot of holes in this lineup sadly. With the tying runner on 3rd and one out every damn option to score him should on the table. Again this is on Baddoo . Anther bad tiger at bat with a runner at third and less then 2 outs.
We have seen that all season. Tigers have to find a Way to win games at home. This home record is just not acceptable.

Last edited:
Yeah Shitty at bat by Baddoo. Contact play only works of it?s not hit at some.
I?d rather have the runner break from third on a bunt. Only if the hitter can bunt. (We know Baddoo can?t)
Sadly Buck probably throws to hard. Tigers just can?t hit fly balls with runners on third and less then 2 outs.
I agree with the flyball. Not being able to do with less than 2-outs seems to happen quite a bit.

Two things from the tenth inning stand out for me. Lange threw three strikes to the first batter, and they were all in essentially the same place. Buck Farmer actually only threw two strikes in his 13 pitches; Tigers swung at five other pitches out of the strike zone.

Two things from the tenth inning stand out for me. Lange threw three strikes to the first batter, and they were all in essentially the same place. Buck Farmer actually only threw two strikes in his 13 pitches; Tigers swung at five other pitches out of the strike zone.
If you go by the old adage that if you have 2 strikes and its close you swing at it. With MLB umps these days not sure I want to take the chance of letting it go by. I think the last one to Carp was meant to go there.. either your swing or they walk our best hitter to face Miggy.

Tigers swing at way too many strikes out of the zone! They also swing at too many higk out of the zone.

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/news/joey-wentz-struggles-in-loss-to-reds
Tigers see positives in Wentz despite '23 struggles.
Tigers official site

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/reds-vs-tigers/2023/09/12/716617/final/box
Boxscore and videos.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2023/9...y-ibanez-kerry-carpenter-joey-wentz-will-vest
Reds 6 - Tigers 5 (F/10): Offense can?t get it done in extras.
It was a back and forth contest, but when the chips were down in the late innings, it was the Reds that came through.
BYBTB

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...pot-top-tigers-6-5-in-10-innings/70831890007/
Reds, still in hunt for wild card spot, top Tigers 6-5 in 10 innings.
Detnews

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...recap-cincinnati-reds-joey-wentz/70837664007/
Detroit Tigers battle once again but fall short, 6-5, to Cincinnati Reds in extra innings.
Freep

https://www.mlive.com/tigers/2023/09/tigers-score-early-but-reds-win-opener-in-10-innings.html
Tigers score early, but Reds win opener in 10 innings.
Mlive

Back