Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. redsox ALCS Game 2 Thread

Guess I'm watching nfl network tonight and not mlb network, I can't ever watch highlights after losses

Don't address the subject because your argument is weak.
I asked a question as to why Coke was on the roster if he wasn't used there. If he isn't used in that spot he has NO value to this team and shouldn't be on the roster. Not my fault your Leyland defense mechanism kicked in.

Scherzer had 13 games this season of throwing more than 108 pitches.

Apparently, Leyland had a conversation last night with Brady Hoke. He asked him how to blow a nice lead late in a game.

I asked a question as to why Coke was on the roster if he wasn't used there. If he isn't used in that spot he has NO value to this team and shouldn't be on the roster. Not my fault your Leyland defense mechanism kicked in.

Question for you

Does out bullpen deserve any blame here? Any at all?

Yea it was the pulling of Scherzer that really raised my eyebrow. Unless he said something to Leyland about how he was tiring, I don't get the move at all. He should have at least started the 8th and seen if he could get one or two more outs. He was on fire tonight. I'm a Leyland defender through and through as well.

Yea it was the pulling of Scherzer that really raised my eyebrow. Unless he said something to Leyland about how he was tiring, I don't get the move at all. He should have at least started the 8th and seen if he could get one or two more outs. He was on fire tonight. I'm a Leyland defender through and through as well.

It hindsight complaining. nobody questioned it when it happened.

4 run lead against a team that had a grand total of 3 hits in 16 innings against us....

Enough of that Sparty fan's... This is way more series then fucking Hoke Choking at PSU like he did..

WE HAD A CHANCE TO BURY BOSTON IN THIS SERIES DOWN 2-0 GOING HOME..I DON'T WANT TO HEAR HOW OH WE ONLY WANTED A SPLIT ANYWAY...
THEY WERE BURIED DONE..SERIES OVER...THEN JIM DECIDES TO MANAGE JUST LIKE LAST NIGHT IN A TOTALLY DIFFERENT GAME WITH A STATER WHO WAS STRONGER THEN SANCHEZ.... THIS IS SO WORSE IT IS NOT FUNNY..

Fuck Jim you had Boston buried and let them off the hook!!!!!!

Ok so I had a dream last night that we lost this one on a walk off from Gomes in 10 innings 4-3 and iggy was pitching..I know wierd

Turns out it was 6-5 no extras, Gomes scored the winning run on a single hit past iggy

Some similarities hmmmm interesting, must have been the parallel universe just to the left of us I was seeing..either way series 1-1

Lettus just hope smoker can find away to stop over managing for a couple of weeks now

Let's go back home and get it going Jackson and Torri!

4 run lead against a team that had a grand total of 3 hits in 16 innings against us....

Although i was not posting on here at the moment I was bitching about the move immediately.

I certainly questioned it to myself even if I did not publicly object on the message boards here. Actually in an earlier post I stated I hope Max pitches into the 8th because I don't trust our bullpen.

Question for you

Does out bullpen deserve any blame here? Any at all?

Whoever decided to throw a first pitch fastball should be shit-canned.
Let Boston right back in the series..

Our Bullpen has blown way to many games because Jim puts them in bad spots time and time again

Last edited:
No one has any questions for Leyland...only 4 questions for him. 1 was about Torii and 1 was about Max mixing up his pitches.

I certainly questioned it to myself even if I did not publicly object on the message boards here. Actually in an earlier post I stated I hope Max pitches into the 8th because I don't trust our bullpen.

Yes you did.

Scouting...baseball's loaded..Papi up... he will looking to be turning on a ball..
DO NOT THROW HIM ANY DAMN PITCH IN HIS WHEEL HOUSE..
PRETTY EASY!!!
OH OUR DUMB GUYS FORGOT TO GET THE MEMO JIMMY...

Last edited:
i'm a bit surprised that no one asked about the fast ball to Ortiz. I wonder if anyone talked to Benoit?

Back