Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game 134 September 4, 2022

We can talk about money, but to be fair, think about how many people showed up to comerica JUST to see miggy play this year, especially the last few months..

Unless it's a big milestone chase(3000 hits or 500 hr) I really don't think Miggy effects attendance. If anything, he may hurt it since his contract is an anchor to this team.

Unless it's a big milestone chase(3000 hits or 500 hr) I really don't think Miggy effects attendance. If anything, he may hurt it since his contract is an anchor to this team.

Thats debatable. When is the next time you are going to see a bonified Hall of famer wearing a tigers uniform(let alone a first ballot one)? Quite possibly in 20 years if greene is absolutely incredible for the next 19. Alot of people could be going to tell their future grandkids... 'I got to see that guy play in person....' Never know.

Last edited:

You think with no Miggy they'll use that money elsewhere? Take the pre arb and and arb guys and reups - and much of that 32 will be used up. So 135m with the same 65 win team.

Thats debatable. When is the next time you are going to see a bonified Hall of famer wearing a tigers uniform(let alone a first ballot one)? Quite possibly in 20 years if greene is absolutely incredible for the next 19. Alot of people could be going to tell their future grandkids... 'I got to see that guy play in person....' Never know.

So let's throw the number 3 back on Trammell and put him at short.

You think with no Miggy they'll use that money elsewhere? Take the pre arb and and arb guys and reups - and much of that 32 will be used up. So 135m with the same 65 win team.

You think having 2 16m bats in this lineup instead of him wouldn't make them better????

Back