Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Royals Game #72 June 20 2023

Crap team shutout again. Second time in last few weeks they have been beaten 1-0
Phillies I can kind of understand.
But not kc.

Just my opinion but Starting Haase over Carpenter is just stupid. Yeah maybe Kerry can?t hit lefty?s but Hasse can?t hit anyone any more. Maybe carpenter runs into one. We know Hasse will only hit it to the warning track.

Tiger bats have wasted so many decent starts this season.

What?s up with this team with the bases loaded ?
I remember Rogers hitting a homer in St. Louis and the tigers promptly lost that 6-3 lead and hit beat.
I do not remember many clutch hits with sacks full.

Last edited:
Just my opinion but Starting Haase over Carpenter is just stupid. Yeah maybe Kerry can?t hit lefty?s but Hasse can?t hit anyone any more. Maybe carpenter runs into one. We know Hasse will only hit it to the warning track.

Tiger bats have wasted so many decent starts this season.

What?s up with this team with the bases loaded ?
I remember Rogers hitting a homer in St. Louis and the tigers promptly lost that 6-3 lead and hit beat.
I do not remember many clutch hits with sacks full.
Carpenter has only faced less than 10 at bats vs lefties this year. And he's been fine. He hardly batted vs lefties last year .. Too early to know if he can or cant hit lefties..

Carpenter has only faced less than 10 at bats vs lefties this year. And he's been fine. He hardly batted vs lefties last year .. Too early to know if he can or cant hit lefties..

Better yet. He is hot. He should not be sitting.

Mckinstry k?d on a terrible pitch in the ninth. Tigers 10th shutout. Mlb lead.

Just heard on post game that lefty?s hit the kc starter better the. Rhb. Why is carpenter sitting ? AJ over thought this lineup in my opinion. Keep the hot hitter in.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/royals-vs-tigers/2023/06/20/717681/final/box
Boxscore and lowlights.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2023/6/20/23767859/tigers-royals-bested-by-the-worst-recap-june-20
Tigers 0 - Royals 1: Bested by the Worst
Okay maybe not the WORST, but close.
BYBTB

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...-10th-time-blanked-1-0-by-royals/70337867007/
Tigers shut out for league-leading 10th time, blanked 1-0 by Royals.
Detnews

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...two-hits-fall-to-kansas-city-1-0/70340605007/
Detroit Tigers flummoxed, manage just two hits in 1-0 loss to woeful Kansas City Royals.
Freep

https://www.mlive.com/tigers/2023/06/tigers-get-just-2-hits-in-shutout-loss-to-royals.html
Tigers get just 2 hits in shutout loss to Royals.
Mlive

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2023/06/20/watercooler-wednesday-90/
WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

Today, another opportunity for readers to discuss the hottest topics in a forum where thoughtful dialog and a variety of opinions are welcomed.

Let?s create some running conversational threads. And for those of you back in actual offices, here?s a question to take with you ? or use via Zoom ? as you talk to your co-workers.

Here is today?s topic??..

Scott Harris talked to the media on Monday. In his conversations, he discussed both Colt Keith and Nick Maton. Both play third base. Both are left-handed.

Harris indicated that promoting a player like Keith from AA to Detroit is not an ideal move. It?s because the level of pitching and diversity of pitches seen in AAA is of a much higher level than AA. Toledo helps prepare hitters for the MLB level.

As for Nick Maton, Scott said: ?He is adjusting back to what the league is doing to him, and there are some nights where you can see a lot of progress, and there are some nights where it is difficult for him. He?s still a young hitter. He still doesn?t have quite the body of work at this level to suggest he?s gonna be as consistent a performer at this level as we think he?s going to be in the future. As long as the work looks good and as long as he continues to show the adjustments at the plate, we?re going to give him some runway.?

What Harris was implying is that hitters need more time to develop and that stats only show part of what is going on and do not represent the true level of development. Both Keith and Maton are works in progress.

Many fans are clamoring for Keith to be promoted to Detroit and for Maton to be dropped from the 26-man roster. So far, Keith has only 168 games to his career. Maton has 153 in the majors.

A. J. Hinch has stated that the Tigers are desperate for left-handed hitters which is another reason why Maton continues to play in addition to working on his development as a hitter.

Keith, once expected to be somewhat fast-tracked through Toledo and arrive in Detroit sometime shortly after the All-Star break, has been slowed down in his development due to arm fatigue. The Tigers are taking things more slowly out of an abundance of caution.

Currently, there are no other options to play third base and replace Maton within the Tigers? system.

Given Harris? statements about the importance of development and gained experience, do you agree with the organization?s decision to keep developing both Keith and Maton at least for the near future?

If you are in disagreement, what is the viable solution? Please share it!

Do you agree with the organization?s decision to keep developing Keith and Maton at least for the near future?

1. Yes, they cannot be rushed.

2. No, they need to bring up Keith now.

VOTE

Dating back to Monday. Tiger bats in a slump now 10 innings in a row.

0-0 top 2nd.

Back