Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread August 17

Miggy and Iggy....those guys getting it done tonight.

I really wish umps were required to give post game interviews with the media. Might as well call them the Untouchables.

I came in to see some of it, so yeah originally.

Do you have the full story of what happened?
Fister threw a pitch that hit in front of the plate. Pena went up to block the ball and it hit the batters bat as he was check swinging causing the ball to go back down and under Pena for a wild pitch/passed ball. It was obvious that the ball hit the bat. I just cannot believe that one of the umps in the field didn't see it.

Seriously, someone get Prince a bat that's at least 8 inches longer if he's going to ALWAYS chase that pitch down and away.

Full story: The pitch was in the dirt, and bounced off of the batter's bat, Pena didn't chase it as it was a foul ball, and the KC runner headed to third. Discussion ensued, the replay clearly showed that it bounced off of the bat, Leyland came out and argued with the umps and got tossed, and Pena was tossed a few seconds (one batter, and one run) later (off camera, as far as I saw). The ump crew looked quite uncomfortable after all that (and I hope they completely screw something else up in our favor and make themselves look even worse).

Last edited:
The umps better do all they can to make sure Detroit doesn't lose this game. They will all have a target on their backs otherwise.

thanks for the explanations gotime and nydo.

of course those ump shits in the field saw it, and that is what is bad with them, they let a wrong call stay.

This is Dougs 3rd straight shaky start. The game in Cleveland, he only surrendered 2 runs, but gave up 9 base runners in 6 IP and was in trouble all night.

Bryan Pena was the catcher each time. Just proves that these pitchers dont execute with Pena behind the plate.

Last edited:
Did the Detroit TV announcers just summarize all this without actually mentioning that the ball his Escobar's bat?

He didn't look great but Dougie got the job done for the most part. One of those runs was BS.

Back