Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread August 31

Just got home for the last out.... Radio was very successful... Great job boys getting us in...

Valverde 9th inning,

francour pops up to Cabrera,

moustakamalaka called out on strikes,

getz first pitch singles to right and Cabrera bumps him off the bag with a shoulder gfo,

pena who is 3 for 4 vs. Valverde is taking and Valverde lets the f'n runner steal, not keeping a close eye on him, wtf, now Leyland out to talk, he leaves and Avila and Cabrera still there talking with Jose, strike call, fastball is fouled back, fastball just outside, fastball high full count, he walks him,

escobar grounds it foul, fastball low, strike call on the corner, we get a break on that pitch, fouled off Avila's mask, fly to right and Kelly has it,

Tigers snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat with the 3 run 8th,
Tigers win 5 - 4,
Valverde with his 40th save.

Was it just me or did it look like Kelly almost tripped over his feet on that play? Oh well, I'm a Twins fan for the next hour and a half now.

Cardiac kids for some wins lately. Papa Grande gets the job done again. WIN TIGERS!

Sox still losing. What a grim start today and another win. These kind of knuckle biters are bad for my heart but good for our playoff preparation.

Jose Valverde is the second pitcher in franchise history to reach 40 saves, joining Todd Jones with 42 in 2000. Congrats Papa Grande!

Austin Jackson has had 28 two-hit games, eight three-hit games and now one four-hit game.

Maybe he heard us bitching about getting on base and scoring runs. 4 for 4 with 3 runs scored, nice.

lol wtf. how did we win this game? i turned off gamecast and was messing around with other stuff. went on facebook to see "Valverde earns 40th save"

[quote author=kalinecountry board=tigertalk thread=940

getz first pitch singles to right and Cabrera bumps him off the bag with a shoulder gfo,

[/quote]

I see cabrera do that shoulder bump at first base all the time. All in good fun i guess. I'm guessing its just a matter of time before an incident happens because of it. I think its awesome anyway.

coulomb said:

I see cabrera do that shoulder bump at first base all the time. All in good fun i guess. I'm guessing its just a matter of time before an incident happens because of it. I think its awesome anyway.[/quote]
I like when he grabs the runner's jersey when he starts to lead off. Pretty funny.

coulomb said:

I see cabrera do that shoulder bump at first base all the time. All in good fun i guess. I'm guessing its just a matter of time before an incident happens because of it. I think its awesome anyway.[/quote]

I think it is with mostly players he knows, he was doing it with melky a few times one of the last two series with the royals, I think he did it to santana of the indians in the last month.
Still enjoyable for us. and as you said with an incident from it, would take an very very tough guy to mess with Cabrera.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
coulomb said:

I see cabrera do that shoulder bump at first base all the time. All in good fun i guess. I'm guessing its just a matter of time before an incident happens because of it. I think its awesome anyway.

I think it is with mostly players he knows, he was doing it with melky a few times one of the last two series with the royals, I think he did it to santana of the indians in the last month.
Still enjoyable for us. and as you said with an incident from it, would take an very very tough guy to mess with Cabrera.[/quote]

all in good fun, it's great to see Cabrera smiling out there.

Back