Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Twins Game #76 June 25, 2023

Tigers 8th 3-3 game thanks Maton unearned run as he plays a terrible 3rd base.

Spencer 2-1 count hits it to the wrong part of the park. Man this guy is so unlucky. Deep fly out to that pocket
In rf damn it. Outfielder?s Collided but rf held on
Can we just have home run threat again some day ?
Carpenter 2-2. K?s looking good pitch inside
Baez 0-10 in the series. already down 0-2. Not even close to that off speed pitch. K?s

3-3 top Nine

Last edited:
Twins 9th 3-3
Lange after 28 pitches yesterday

Twins
Grounds out 4-3
1-2 count Wtf. Ump. 2-2 F-8 2outs.
1-0 count , 2-0 count damn it 3-0 count, 3-1 now 3-2 sigh BB
2-0:lange missing , 2-1: foul 2-2, 3-2.. Lange just can?t throw strike BB damn it all.
Ridiculous he didn?t go after the #1 hitter
Correa up. 0-2 count, 1-2 count, 2-2 count
Lucky line drive to Ibanez in left.
3-3 head to bottom 9

Last edited:
Tigers 9th

Jax pitching for twins

Maton . Last homer was June 5th. (1-1 count 1-2 not sure what he is looking for k?s.
That pitch before strikeout was inviting he took it

Ibanez 2-1.. grounds out to ss
Vierling 3-2 count BB
Rogers up bounces out to ss.

This team just can?t hit. Team has 6 hits . 4 in the three run inning I think.

Tigers are 5-3 after 8 innings in tie games according to broadcast.

Last edited:
Navigating the roster the next 2 weeks will be interesting..DET will either have to option Brendan White or IL Englert..plus make a 40 man move to activate Matt Manning this week..plus stop having BP days..Skubal will start next Sunday or Tue..

Buxton hit 3 HR in six games against the Tigers in 2021.
Last season he was only 4-for-37 with 9 strikeouts against Detroit.
Sure seems like A.J. Hinch and Chris Fetter figured something out.
Byron Buxton is 0 for 20 with 12 strikeouts against the Tigers this season.

https://motorcitybengals.com/posts/...ayers-whose-returns-could-save-detroit-season
7 injured Detroit Tigers players whose returns could save Detroit's season.
MCBTB

Last edited:
Twins 10th
Runner at second
3-3:game

White pitching.
1-2 count Another terrible piece of pitching. Why throw anything close ?

Maton again misses ball hit to him on a line drive and slows it down so runner
Can try to score. Good throw and he is a dead duck
All Rogers has to do is catch the ball and I think he is out .
Not the greatest throw form Ibanez
Single trail. 5-3

Tiger fielding not great this game. Maton fielding probably has cost the tigers this game
Today if we don?t come back.
Tigers are toast trail 6-3 all thanks to poor fielding

Last edited:
Tigers 10

Runner at second
Haase fc. Get your damn foot damn.

Maton has to be sent down after today. Although this team has so many liabilities sadly.
Short can?t hold up on a pitch 80 feet off the plate and K?s.
Spencer completes his:0-5 day and tigers lose.. my he kid is in the struggle zone again.
6-3:in a geme they had the lead late.

Sorry guys just not enough hitting.

Management can?t keep sending out Maton. Don?t get it. Subpar feider. I guess he walks some.
I don?t get it. Bad way to lose the series heading to Texas.

Last edited:
Not sure Schoop is any better at third base but I think I prefer him in
Later innings over Maton.

It just sucks that teams like Arizona and Texas who were horrible last season can turn it around so fast. Man Avila just killed this organization.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/twins-vs-tigers/2023/06/25/717621/final/box
Boxscore and lowlights.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2023/6...orenzen-nick-maton-zack-mckinstry-jake-rogers
Twins 6 - Tigers 3 (F/10): Quiet bats and defensive mistakes cost the series.
The offense had another feeble day at the dish, and a crucial error late allowed the Twins to seize control and win the series.
BYBTB

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...-innings-against-minnesota-twins/70354841007/
Tigers fall apart late, drop series finale to first-place Twins.
Detnews

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...es-win-over-twins-in-6-3-10-loss/70354952007/
Costly error from Nick Maton leads to Detroit Tigers' 6-3 loss to Twins in extra innings.
Freep

https://www.mlive.com/tigers/2023/06/tigers-lose-lead-toss-away-series-finale-against-twins.html
Tigers lose lead, toss away series finale against Twins.
Mlive

Maton has been optioned to Toledo after the game. Nick needs some different to happen for him. He was sent down.
AJ just said he had a emotional conversation with Nick. I think it should been done a few weeks ago.

Poor kid when the tv broadcast looked on him after the game he was so downcast.

No word on who is being called up. He said tomorrow they will make a announcement.

Last edited:
Maton has been optioned to Toledo after the game. Nick needs some different to happen for him. He was sent down.
AJ just said he had a emotional conversation with Nick. I think it should been done a few weeks ago.

No word on who is being called up. He said tomorrow they will make a announcement.

It's bad enough the guy is struggling big time, but when your defense starts to suffer as well something Had to be done. I was thinking if he isn't sent down before the next game he must have some comprising pictures of Hinch and Harris.

Want Hinch to quit at the end of the season..recall Tyler Nevin for Maton..it says VOLUMES if that's their move..and Scott Harris quietly wonders why..people don't trust or like him..

Last edited:
If They recalled Nevin ? Yikes shows how bad this farm system is. Ihope not. Has to be someone else. Not sure what to think on AJ
I think he has been ok . But sticking with some of these guys again shows how barren
The tiger organization is.

Last edited:
It just sucks that teams like Arizona and Texas who were horrible last season can turn it around so fast. Man Avila just killed this organization.
Before the season Texas had 6 seasons sub . 500. We only had 5. They just decided to spend money on the right players. We spent 140m on a player who barely belongs.

Maton was a along time coming. Just terrible. Not the only one who needs to be sent down but we have little that we can bring up.

It'll be quite annoying when it's Nevin coming back. Cycling these fringe aaaa players that aren't really a part of the future is maddening. Give guys like Lipscius, Parker or even Milloy a shot. Hell, even this Joe Rizzo kid they just got deserves a shot before Nevin and Maton get more chances.

Tigers seem to be treading water and have the (mis) fortune of occupying a weak division that offers us fans the false hope of the post-season. However, I also consider that there's a casualty list longer than that of Antietam, and the Tigers lack the replacement players who are above replacement level. So we get the same guys recycled in and out of the roster to avoid starting the clock on some of the other prospects, while stalling for time.

Last edited:
Tigers seem to be treading water and have the (mis) fortune of occupying a weak division that offers us fans the false hope of the post-season. However, I also consider that there's a casualty list longer than that of Antietam, and the Tigers lack the replacement players who are above replacement level. So we get the same guys recycled in and out of the roster to avoid starting the clock on some of the other prospects, while stalling for time.

I don't believe they are avoiding starting the clock on any prospect. Teams avoid starting the clock on "can't miss" prospects. The Tigers don't have any of those.

I don't believe they are avoiding starting the clock on any prospect. Teams avoid starting the clock on "can't miss" prospects. The Tigers don't have any of those.

Ok, their "best" prospects, then.

Ok, their "best" prospects, then.

right. I was just saying that teams don't avoid starting the clock unless they are can't miss. There is no reason to delay starting the clock on average prospects. If they are ready you bring them up. The Tigers don't have anybody that is ready.

Back