Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees ALDS Game 1 Thread Oct. 1

I think fister will pick up tomorrow with Verlander coming back on Sunday. Then Verlander would pitch game 5 on short rest if necessary.

JV and CC may go on Sunday is what they're saying. Fister vs. Nova tomorrow night.

Dunno if JV would have had another jittery inning, (or worse) but I suppose its better that we didn't find out for sure.

Fister vs Nova - Saturday
Scherzer vs Garcia - Sunday
Verlander vs CC - Monday
Porcello vs Burnette - Tuesday

I may get flamed for this, but I really didn't like the way this postponed game was going so far, tied or not and couldn't shake the nagging feeling that the Tigers were going to lose tonight, so this one day delay may turn out to be a good thing...JMO.

Disclaimer: yeah I know that is being resumed tomorrow night, and not starting over entirely.

Turok said:
I may get flamed for this, but I really didn't like the way this postponed game was going so far, tied or not and couldn't shake the nagging feeling that the Tigers were going to lose tonight, so this one day delay may turn out to be a good thing...JMO.

Disclaimer: yeah I know that is being resumed tomorrow night, and not starting over entirely.

+1

Turok said:

I trust JV. He always seems to get through on outing that might not look good. Kind of blows that in a five game series, JV will pitch only once.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Turok said:

I trust JV. He always seems to get through on outing that might not look good. Kind of blows that in a five game series, JV will pitch only once.

Tigers might not need all 5 games to win this series.

If they are truly a WS-bound/winning team, their other SPs will need to step it up, b/c the next two are of course, 7 game series.

But I still like JV and Fister pitching 4 times in a five gamer. No time to rest now.

brewer228 said:
Fister vs Nova - Saturday
Scherzer vs Garcia - Sunday
Verlander vs CC - Monday
Porcello vs Burnette - Tuesday

I can't see Scherzer pitching well in Yankee Stadium. I like Fister over Nova, and Verlander over CC. Porcello and Burnett could be a slugfest but I still think that favors us. Burnett is garabage. There's our three wins.

The only advantage I see is that if e do win the series, JV can go game 1 of the next series.

So do the lineups have to stay the same because it's a continuation?

Back