Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Yankees Game 132 August 29 2023

byco42

Game time: 6:40 p.m. Comerica Park

ESPN Gameday

Tigers' SP: Tarik Skubal 3-2 4.02 1.08
Yankees' SP: Jhony Brito 4-6 5.37 1.34

Detroit Tigers (59-72) -9.5 3rd ALC 4-6 L3

LF Akil Baddoo L
RF Riley Greene L
1B S. Torkelson R
DH K. Carpenter L
3B M. Vierling R
2B Z. McKinstry L
CF P. Meadows L
SS Javier Baez R
C Carson Kelly R

New York Yankees (63-68) -19.0 5th ALE 3-7 W1

1B DJ LeMahieu R
RF Aaron Judge R
2B G. Torres R
DH G. Stanton R
SS A. Volpe R
CF H. Bader R
LF E. Pereira R
C K. Higashioka R
3B O. Peraza R

BR Game Notes

Freep Game Notes

9% Precipitation
76? Wind 10 mph R-L
LINE DET -115
O/U 8.0 Runs

Random Yankees' Player (There are several apocryphal accounts as to why he was benched on 6/2/1925 )

Yankees' Uniforms 1915 I like the "font" of the road uniform.

Last edited:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...st-rodeo-between/id1674627945?i=1000625996296
Days of Roar Tigers Podcast: Parker Meadows shines, and one last rodeo between Justin Verlander and Miggy. 65 minutes.

Mark & Evan open the show by discussing another frustrating home series raining on a productive road trip, but find some positives in the play of the recently-promoted Parker Meadows.
Then the guys talk about the historic moment shared between Justin Verlander and Miguel Cabrera and close the show by discussing some of the current Tigers at risk of losing their roster spots to younger guys in the minors.

The Tigers have announced the following roster move:
*Claimed LHP Bennett Sousa off waivers from Milwaukee and optioned him to Triple A Toledo.
The Tigers 40-man roster is now at 40.
Baseball Savant page of Bennett Sousa..enjoy that..he's on the 40 instead of Malloy or Keith..no rush..40 roulette continues..
https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/bennett-sousa-656986?stats=statcast-r-pitching-mlb
like an oxy addict..Scott Harris claims yet another useless waiver arm..rather than add players to the 40 he needs to know about..because in Harris world..every prospect needs to be crispy..before you recall them..and his track record of claims is..full of success...exhausting.
Sousa was just reactivated from the 60 day IL back on August 7. He stuck out 23 in 17 innings of work for Nashville, walking 7. He allowed 10 earned.

The Tigers have announced the following roster moves:
*Placed LHP Andrew Vasquez on the 15-day injured list, retroactive to August 28, with left calf tightness
*Recalled RHP Garrett Hill from Triple A Toledo

Garrett Hill and Joey Wentz have lockers in the Tigers clubhouse today.

Pitcher Wilmer Flores is scheduled to begin an MiLB rehab assignment with the
wmwhitecaps tonight at Lansing.
The Tigers Top-10 prospect, who was placed on the erie_seawolves.Injured List in late-July, will likely throw two innings in his return to action.

?He?s got big-time pop!" ???? Mark DeRosa and Ron Darling take a look at the adjustments Kerry Carpenter has made at the plate leading up to his breakout 2023 campaign. https://twitter.com/i/status/1696553488245813317

Kerry Carpenter ranks 6th among all MLB position players in WAR since August 1, per fangraphs.
The only players ahead of him: Mookie Betts, Julio Rodr?guez, Bobby Witt Jr., Jose Altuve, Freddie Freeman.

Akil Baddoo in August
71 PA | .277/.329/.508 (127 wRC+) | 4 HR | 0.6 fWAR
Don't let the Kerry Carpenter and Spencer Torkelson show overshadow the production Baddoo has given this month.

Motor City Metrics Tigers Video Episode 040: The Bronx Bombers Invade Detroit. 52 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cycXMJ_zb4&t=3s&ab_channel=MotorCityMetrics[/url]

Last edited:
What was that black thing Skubal fiddling around with? Was that a phone?

I?ve seen enough of Kelly. He just isn?t someone I see going forward with this team.

Last edited:
so the Tigers failed again with runners in scoring position earlier.

Team should fire its hitting coaches.

Last edited:
Has 2 hits.

Good for him he is still batting .227 with no power.
Every time I see him play catcher he either has a pass ball or can?t hit.
I mean he is the same as Haas but can?t play the outfield.

I didn't like that last at bat by Carp. Outside corner and pulls it.

Matt Vierling pretends to play 3B...Colt Keith is having a line drive party in Toledo tonight 3-3..now up to .297 and a 911 OPS.

Just saying. Some of these guys we have on the roster are not going to be here next year.

We might see Justyn-Henry Molloy before Keith.
We might just not before Sept. We'll find out in a couple days.

Baez, ugh. Killed that rally.

We might just not before Sept. We'll find out in a couple days.

Baez, ugh. Killed that rally.

I think that was the plan, if they do plan to bring anyone else up, in September.
Molloy, because he is a more complete player from what is said about him when taking defense into the equation, call it more ML ready. In a perfect scenario for the Tigers they are both here for 2024 at 2nd and 3rd.

It?s ridiculous that Keith and Malloy have not been called up. This lineup needs more guys badly. May as well see what we have . Toledo isn?t making the playoffs.

Back