Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees Game Thread April 5

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup:
Jackson CF
Hunter RF
Cabrera 3B
Fielder 1B
Martinez DH
Dirks LF
Peralta SS
Avila C
Infante 2B
Fister P

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/inde...t#gid=2013_04_05_nyamlb_detmlb_1&mode=gameday
Gameday from mlb.com

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=330405106&teams=new-york-yankees-vs-detroit-tigers
Tigers vs. Yankees Game Preview.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/30370/doug-fister
Fister vs. Yankees.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/30400/ivan-nova
Tigers Hitters vs. nova.

Last edited:
I pray for a sweep. But I will settle for 2 of 3 against the Yankmees.

Brennan Boesch will feel strange sitting in the visitors dugout this weekend.

that's the lineup I'd throw out there,Jimmy can't mess that up.But if Avila don't start doing something, I'd start looking around.

Wow..lots of SNs that I haven't seen in quite some time are posting here lately, hope that they stick around, sure would be nice to have gameday threads that exceed 300 posts once in a while.

let's hope the bats wake up so we don't have to watch the pen screw this thing up again!

that's the lineup I'd throw out there,Jimmy can't mess that up.But if Avila don't start doing something, I'd start looking around.

He's the fucking catcher and the best guy on the team at drawing walks.

What do you want? Mike Piazza 2.0 or bust? Be realistic.

Anyone who thinks Avila is a major concerns' baseball knowledge could fit on the head of a pin in large print.

Some guy with the Gene Lamont Fan Club sign and others from last year has changed his signs. Among the new set: "I named my puppy Victor."

Brennan Boesch hits 5th for the Yankees

AHahahahahhahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thanks for the link, luckily it works here at work, where most of these sites are blocked. Yay me.

He's the fucking catcher and the best guy on the team at drawing walks.

What do you want? Mike Piazza 2.0 or bust? Be realistic.

Anyone who thinks Avila is a major concerns' baseball knowledge could fit on the head of a pin in large print.

he sucks at hitting,He's slow and doesn't hustle on the field and is just too lackadaisical for me.

Fister pitching 1st inning;

gardner grounds out to Fister,

cano broken bat slow grounder to Peralta and he throws to Prince,

yousuckilis line drive single to center,

hafner full count, borderline on the corner walk,

boesch 3 and 1, pitch count extended after 2 out, line drive tips off Fister's glove to second and throw to Prince,

Fister with 21 pitches.

Yeah baby!

That hit-and-run with Hunter and Ajax is going to be huge for us this year.

Tigers batting 1st inning,

Jackson lines a single to left,

Hunter takes inside, curve low, fastball fouled back, throw to first, hit and run fouled at home, high and in full count, Jackson going and a line drive single through where cano was before covering second and Jackson takes third,

Cabrera swings and misses a curve low, fastball ground foul, grounder to third force at second and Miggy beats the throw to first and Jackson scores on the rbi,

Tigers lead 1 - 0,

Fielder takes a fastball and curve low, another in the dirt and gets away from catcher Miggy to second on wild pitch, strike call, ground foul full count, back door curve strike call,

Martinez takes curve inside, line drive to third,

nova with 20 pitches,

Tigers lead 1 - 0.

Back