Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. yankees Game Thread April 5

that's the lineup I'd throw out there,Jimmy can't mess that up.But if Avila don't start doing something, I'd start looking around.

Avila isn't performing all that great @ the plate so far, obviously, and it now appears that he may already have had his peak offensive season in '11...but veteran catchers who are measurably if not significantly better than he is, aren't exactly plentiful in MLB. Alex is also "only" being paid a salary of ~a half million, and he isn't eligible for arby until next year. If he can maintain an average of ~.250, with an xbh here and there, along with perhaps a dozen homers or so over the course of the season, and he can catch ~120 games, then I suppose that he will be at least adequate, if not well-suited for what the team needs from him.

Besides...as we all know, his dad is the Tigers assistant GM, so he ain't very likely to lose his starting gig unless he was to tank offensively and defensively all season long, or if he becomes injured and goes on the DL for much of the season.

looks like another tight strike zone, especially the walk to overbay.
these asswipe umps,

Yeah, nothing at the knees today.

Not a good thing when your pitcher is a 2-seam/groundball guy.

Infante drives in Dirks with a 2 out single,

great,

Tigers lead 2 - 0,

The Tigers are just terrible at advancing bases on throws that aren't cut off....

when the ball wasn't cut off and came home, I though he would have been on second,
and they had a base running coach in ST, what was his name.....cox? jeff cox?

you sonofabitch boesch, you didn't make a catch like that ever with the Tigers,

nova has 70 pitches after 3 innings, and maybe another 20 throws to first base,

nunez just got drilled in the right shoulder,

Dickerson is saying he turned in and got hit.

Fister with 70 pitches through 4 innings, 2 K's 2 walks, 7 Groundball outs,

Tigers lead 2 - 0.

Dirks and Peralta 5 pitches 2 outs,

Avila out on strikes,

10 pitch inning.

Back