Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ White Sox Game 135 September 1 2023

So you think he should spend a 3rd season at AAA? A level he's dominated at the plate. Make it make sense
Everyone wants their 22-23 years old up ASAP but its not feasible. Could be Colton Cowser, Baltimore 23 - 26 games hitting .115, or 25 year old Joey Ortiz, also Baltimore batting .212. Both higher rated than Malloy. No point rushing him he's barely 23.

And by the way Malloy wasn't in AAA in '21 and only 8 games last year.

I am wondering if any of these kids we are hoping come up this month like Keith, Malloy, or any other will continue to improve their fielding at a position the Tigers really want to see them improve at in the Arizona Fall League.

I don't see why they can't come up but I think the September callups has changed to a maximum of a few and the roster can't expand above 28? Remember when some teams would bring up 5 to 10 players?

If they continue hitting next year in ST and they Do Not get to play with the Tigers, then there is a problem of fuckery going on with Harris and Tiger's management.

And by the way Malloy wasn't in AAA in '21 and only 8 games last year.

Yeah, he reached AAA LAST year, like I said. Dominated at the plate all this year. How does keeping him there another year help?????

Yeah, he reached AAA LAST year, like I said. Dominated at the plate all this year. How does keeping him there another year help?????
Who says another year, he'll be in he majors next season. Quit making stuff up.

But hey, I'm sure you're happy they brought Nevin back up for the 3rd time to suck for us instead of giving the kid a shot

Everyone wants their 22-23 years old up ASAP but its not feasible. Could be Colton Cowser, Baltimore 23 - 26 games hitting .115, or 25 year old Joey Ortiz, also Baltimore batting .212. Both higher rated than Malloy. No point rushing him he's barely 23.

Could be Parker Meadows or Riley Greene

I have another hunch on all this bringing up the guys we don't want to see and why they are not bringing up Keith and Malloy.
These guys are 2 to 3 years older and they want to see if they have anything to like as a utility going forward with hitting And fielding.
There is truth to getting the two players bypassed to improve their defense.
I think we will see all the players we want on the team in 2024.

Malloy hit another homer tonight. Ho hum

Like I said before, they are trying to get him ready offensively, and get his D "ready" for the ML level. He also had another error at 3B last night.

Based on what I have read, he is a dumpster fire defensively. Maybe he just takes Cabrera's spot on the roster next year. Play a lot of DH and spot starts at 3B and LF?

Back