Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ White Sox Game #55 6/2/2023

byco42

Game Time: 8:10 p.m

ESPN Game Cast

Tigers SP: Reese Olsen RHP W-L 0-0 ERA 0.00 WHIP 0.00 MLB Debut :clap:
Rangers SP: Mike Clevenger RHP W-L 3-3 ERA 4.56 WHIP 1.46

Detroit Tigers (26-28) 2nd in AL Central -2.5 Last 10: 6-4, W1

Expected Lineup
RF Z. McKinstry L
LF Akil Baddoo L
SS Javier Baez R
1B S. Torkelson R
2B Nick Maton L
C Eric Haase R
3B Zack Short R
DH Tyler Nevin R
CF J. Marisnick R

Chicago White Sox (23-35) 4th in AL Central -7.5 Last 10: 3-7, L1

SS Tim Anderson R
LF A. Benintendi L
CF Luis Robert R
RF Eloy Jimenez R
3B Yoan Moncada S
1B A. Vaughn R
C Y. Grandal S
DH Jake Burger R
2B R. Gonzalez R

Game Notes BR

Game Notes Freep

Umpires: Not Announced

0% Rain
72? Wind 8 mph L-R
LINE ?
O/U ?

Tickets

1/3 of the season is done. Today a new beginning starts with a new pitcher. Tigers need to score runs and get hits and back to winning series. And chase down those Minnie's.

https://www.detroitnews.com/in-dept...cabrera-detroit-news-michiganian/70175180007/
For Miguel Cabrera, time in Detroit has been about more than just baseball.
Detnews

https://motorcitybengals.com/posts/...vier-baez-turned-over-a-new-leaf-01h1mk0j9zek
Detroit Tigers: Has Javier B?ez turned over a new leaf.
MCBTB

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...-pace-for-an-epically-bad-season/70279141007/
The AL Central has a shot at making history ? and not in a good way.
Freep

https://www.mlive.com/tigers/2023/0...s-are-trying-out-new-positions-this-week.html
Several Tigers prospects are trying out new positions this week.
Mlive

Tigers 47%-win Sox 53%- win
under dogs again
My 1st thought was no miggy and just checked 6:11 pm and would you know he's been put in. What a chance Olsen got. Well at least M got a .250 avg. against Clevenger.
A Tiger win tonight against the odds. What better way to get a win then.
Lets go Tigers, take it to them.

Tigers 47%-win Sox 53%- win
under dogs again
My 1st thought was no miggy and just checked 6:11 pm and would you know he's been put in. What a chance Olsen got. Well at least M got a .250 avg. against Clevenger.
A Tiger win tonight against the odds. What better way to get a win then.
Lets go Tigers, take it to them.

Tigers are overachieving and the chicago is really underachieving, seems about right to me.

Clevinger needs to just piss his pants already. His windup looks like he has to pee

I just don?t understand hitting. Must be harder then then I think to hit a breaking pitch.

Someone needs to sit on a breaking pitch.

Error by Spencer let?s inning continue. That was one of the easiest plays I have seen muffed.

Olsen nails his teammate out.

Last edited:
Baddoo swings at the first pitch. Sigh.

Baez sucks like normal but sees some pitches

Spencer single with two outs

Maton swings at the first pitch grounds out

Why is Maton up with the club ?

Tiger hitters see only 9 pitches.

Last edited:
Should be it for Olsen. He hasn't went more than 5 innings at all this year. They'd be nuts to keep him in.

Should be it for Olsen. He hasn't went more than 5 innings at all this year. They'd be nuts to keep him in.

Just like that AJ leaves him in to long sadly. I was thinking what you said about giving young guys positivity.

He probably isn?t pitching this inning if he didn?t have a no hitter right ?

Last edited:
Tiger hitters just suck. Harris has to start calling some guys up.

Vest you Gotta throw a better pitch then that on the first pitch with runner on third.

Tigers trail 1-0

I'm betting Olsen will be the next pitcher on the IL. It's decisions like this that led to all of our starters ending up on the IL

Vest blows. Let?s both inherited runners score.

Tigers trail 2-0 end of six.

Last edited:
I'm betting Olsen will be the next pitcher on the IL. It's decisions like this that led to all of our starters ending up on the IL

Probably. 15-20 more pitches then he normally throws in the minors.

Back