Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tim McCarver elected to HOF

Fuck him and the shitheads who voted for him.
sorry, this guy just has always rubbed me the wrong way for years.

I know he's TV but I don't put him near the quality of a Harwell.

Shouldn't you speak accurately about the game to get an award from the HOF?

He also just won the Ford C Frick award for broadcast excellence.

iirc that is the wing of the HOF the broadcasters are in.
Where Ernie is enshrined.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]So he's not in the HOF?

There is a wing in the Hall for broadcasters. Frick winners ARE NOT inducted into the Hall.

And yes, from here on out, McCarver will be referred to as a "Hall of Fame" broadcaster.

Although I haven't been to Cooperstown in 15 years, I strongly recommend any who haven't been there to make the journey.

I went with My Dad (died 2000) and my two sons (15 and 13 at the time). It just might be time to go again.

doinwork83 said:
could u see that KC? its not showing up on my end

Yes, it is showing up for me, maybe others here.
not sure why you aren't able to see when posting.

rebbiv said:
Although I haven't been to Cooperstown in 15 years, I strongly recommend any who haven't been there to make the journey.

I went with My Dad (died 2000) and my two sons (15 and 13 at the time). It just might be time to go again.

Thats awesome Reb. I gurantee thats something your sons will never forgot. I wish I would've had the oppurtunity to do something like that before my grandfathers passed. maybe when I have a son, although I doubt my dad would ever do something like that.

My late father seemed to lose interest in pro sports with each passing decade, until his sudden death @ age 78 in late '98 we were alike in that we both liked and watched/listened to MLB, NFL, NHL, and NBA games in the same descending order, but my father never attended any Lions games @ the Silverdome, or any Red Wings games @ JLA, but then with the latter, neither have I. So traveling to Cooperstown was as likely as a trip to Hawaii with my Pop.

I now truly regret not setting him up with tix to see the Lions play @ the dome during the 80s and/or early 90s, having him attend a few with my brother and I. But he was a child of the Great Depression, and would likely have been "mad" and probably/certainly would have argued about the money that we would have spent on" his" entertainment, b/c that was just the way that he and many if not most of his WWII era vet peers were...very, very frugal, but also were unselfish and would quite willingly literally give you the shirt off his back, if he thought it was necessary as well.

Back