Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Time to hunt some Duck's

biggunsbob

Nice win tonight... Sorry i have not been posting had the flu last two days.. Not sure who i was rooting not to make the playoffs... The Jackets probably because they are in Columbus right? Or was it Minnesota for snatching one or both of our free agents...

Side note... Columbus was 19-5-3 down the stretch second best next to Pittsburgh over the second half of the season. And they have three number 1 picks this year.... But Yeah its anything Ohio...

I was trying to figure out who had the best chance at beating the Hawks. I think the Wild are slightly better but the Jackets were playing well. Go Wings!

random trivia.

It is impossible for the Wings to play either the Wild or the Canucks in the second round if they beat Anaheim. Every other team is at least possible.

Also, the Wings have at least one playoff series played against every team in Western Conference except the Wild, who they could only meet in the Conference Finals.

More random trivia.

The Red Wings will now have met the Ducks in the playoffs 6 times. Only 5 teams have played the Wings more in the playoffs and they are 4 original 6 franchises and the Blues. Anaheim will have played Detroit as much in the playoffs as the Avalanche after this series.

In addition, Anaheim has only played two teams besides Detroit more than one in the playoffs, the Minnesota Wild twice, and the Dallas Stars twice. Safe to say the Red Wings are the Ducks premier playoff rival.

Hope you're feeling better bob!

images

Attachments

• 20101008_coreyperry_paveldatsyuk_446w.jpg
    20101008_coreyperry_paveldatsyuk_446w.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
If it's feasible I guess I'll try to get down to Anaheim to catch a playoff game..I don't see a schedule posted anywhere yet; has a playoff schedule even been made thus far?

If it's feasible I guess I'll try to get down to Anaheim to catch a playoff game..I don't see a schedule posted anywhere yet; has a playoff schedule even been made thus far?

I don't think so...I think it gets released after the Ottawa/Boston game today.

I don't think so...I think it gets released after the Ottawa/Boston game today.

Oh duh, right...

They're not gonna set up a playoff schedule before the end of the regular season!

Ha!

I forgot there was still a game left to be played...

Oh duh, right...

They're not gonna set up a playoff schedule before the end of the regular season!

Ha!

I forgot there was still a game left to be played...

And now I see the seedings in the East are dependent on the outcome of today's game....

Last edited:
Thanks for the well well wishes guys...great stuff...

Anyway...kind of a freakin' pain in the neck for workin' Joes and Joanne's to grind it down to Anaheim on a school night from the Valley...talkin' about probably not getting home til midnight, with a really, really early call...

So I guess I'll just be watching this round at home...

Tickets were pretty affordable...pretty high up (which I like) but around center ice were $30 to $40 each...

Last edited:
Where were those 30-40$ tickets at? at the Joe playoff tickets are like 75$ for upper deck.

Yeah, these were way up high, too...and that kind of differentiation shouldn't be surprising.

LA/Southern California sports fans are legendary for their lukewarmness (now officially a word)...I've never been to a Ducks game, but any time I've gone to a Kings game at the forum vs. the Red Wings, there were a whoooole lotta Detroit fans...probably gonna be the same at the Pond this weekend too...

StubHub.

Yeah, these were way up high, too...and that kind of differentiation shouldn't be surprising.

LA/Southern California sports fans are legendary for their lukewarmness (now officially a word)...I've never been to a Ducks game, but any time I've gone to a Kings game at the forum vs. the Red Wings, there were a whoooole lotta Detroit fans...probably gonna be the same at the Pond this weekend too...

StubHub.

Hahah i suppose i could have looked that up myself. I was more just amazed at how cheap that is, too bad the flight would kinda eat up those savings.

Also ps just bc your avatar. Go Green.

Back