Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Titus is a HUGE leap in production out of a 3rd wr

hankpav53

The Lions got 25 catches 325 yards out of their 3rd WR position the last 2 seasons combined. That is in 32 games. So far Titus has 9 catches for 140 yards in 3 games.

liking the pick so far...

woops.. messed that up.. but all of last year bryant johnson had like 250 yards... i'll fix it in a little

I loved the pick. Every year I project 1 player usually a WR that won't go in the first round but will be a stud. Done pretty well with guys like Hester, Desean Jackson, Mike Wallace, Maurice Jones-Drew, Justin Tuck, etc.

Anyways this past year was Titus Young, and when the Lions drafted him I had such an odd feeling. Instantly my co-workers were calling me.

He has been making some crucial catches too. Seems like those third and longs Staff would be targeting Pettigrew or CJ most of the time, but he's been throwing at young a good bit of those times and he made some sick catches. The way he goes for the ball makes him look a lot taller than 5'11. Glad we got this dude

I really like him so far. He can make the difficult catch easy he seems to run good routes and Staff trusts him. he adds another quick outlet player who can make a play. The thing I like about this team is their are stars but they play as a team. Nate only got 2 catches and could have complained but he never said a word.

Hopefully Titus will catch his first (of many to come) TD pass from Matt in Sunday's game @ Cowboys.

If he can stay healthy and improve his route-running, we may have ourselves a very solid WR

High 2nd round picks should produce more than a typical #3 WR. Im not sure at this point if i will like him more than burleson but if he doesnt progress to be the #2 guy down the line (like in a couple years) then i would have to say he under achieved for a 2nd round pick. Good start though!

The kids got good hands. With the way Stafford can place the ball we absolutely have to have receivers that can exploit an advantage and pull it in. Still early but its nice to have another legit option.

mhughes0021 said:
High 2nd round picks should produce more than a typical #3 WR. Im not sure at this point if i will like him more than burleson but if he doesnt progress to be the #2 guy down the line (like in a couple years) then i would have to say he under achieved for a 2nd round pick. Good start though!

He will, move up that is. Burleson won't be here forever. But they have used him right and so far so good.

mhughes0021 said:

He would already be close to a #2 on a lot of teams right now. He just happens to be playing behind 2 very good veterans. Let's not forget he missed some time too and is still playing catchup.

Has already had a more productive career than Derrick Williams.

Back