Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's example of Christians behaving badly

What the hell is a Primitive Baptist Church?

Just the regular ones make me shudder.

"The letter notified Petterson, who said she had been unaware of the required contributions, that members fell into delinquency if they failed to make payments for three months or more"

Maybe the next warning that Ms. Petterson might receive, would be a notice that her delinquency would soon be forwarded to all of the major credit-reporting agencies.

When I was a parochial school student, we would be given a box of weekly church offering envelopes @ the start of the school year, with suggested contribution amounts and check-boxes listed on the back of them, including spaces for our names and addresses.

"The letter notified Petterson, who said she had been unaware of the required contributions, that members fell into delinquency if they failed to make payments for three months or more"

Maybe the next warning that Ms. Petterson might receive, would be a notice that her delinquency would soon be forwarded to all of the major credit-reporting agencies.

When I was a parochial school student, we would be given a box of weekly church offering envelopes @ the start of the school year, with suggested contribution amounts and check-boxes listed on the back of them, including spaces for our names and addresses.

I remember those envelopes! I remember putting a quarter in (I must have been 8 or 9 years old), & my super religious great aunt excoriating me for not giving more. then my parents telling me not to (they already gave weekly, were not as religious & didnt want to see their kid wasting his money) and it turning into a big argument between all of us.

I don't remember contributing again after that. it seemed like a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" kind of situation.

What the hell is a Primitive Baptist Church?

Just the regular ones make me shudder.

not sure whether the "primitive" modifier applies to the Baptist part or the Church part.

if it's the former, I guess they take things way back to the early days of protestantism, like 1500's Germany, nailing 95 theses to the door of every catholic church they can find.

if the latter I'm guessing their church is a cave.

I remember those envelopes! I remember putting a quarter in (I must have been 8 or 9 years old), & my super religious great aunt excoriating me for not giving more. then my parents telling me not to (they already gave weekly, were not as religious & didnt want to see their kid wasting his money) and it turning into a big argument between all of us.

I don't remember contributing again after that. it seemed like a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" kind of situation.

I wasn't given an allowance each week as a child/teen, so the only way that I could contribute anything is if my parents gave me the money, or when I became old enough (9-10) to make my own money by going door to door asking my older neighbors for shoveling snow, raking leaves, or cutting grass with a rotary push-mower.

There was also collecting discarded pop-bottles, but they were only worth 2-3 cents, if they were even returnable @ all. Newspaper routes were out too, since we spent the summers @ our family cottage in NW lower MI.

Last edited:

If I were her I'd tell that church to get bent and then go find another one

Then to help balance out this thread here are a couple of the most recent examples of Muslims behaving badly

http://heavy.com/news/2015/07/isis-...ad-iraq-uncensored-raw-youtube-sendvid-video/

http://heavy.com/news/2015/07/isis-...itates-man-uncensored-full-raw-youtube-video/

Last edited:
Fucking hypocrite cheating criminals:

"A Michigan state representative distributed a fake e-mail that suggested he had sex with a male prostitute so he could hide his relationship with another Republican state representative who is also a home-schooling mom, according to the Detroit News. Both lawmakers are Christian conservatives who frequently refer to their faith."

"State Rep. Todd Courser, a married father of four, said in an audio recording that the e-mail was intended to create a ?complete smear campaign? of false claims so that a public revelation about his relationship with state Rep. Cindy Gamrat would seem ?mild by comparison.?

"The Detroit News interviews suggested that the freshman representatives used their taxpayer-funded offices to maintain and cover up their relationship. The newspaper describes the two as ?socially conservative legislators who often invoke their Christian faith in pursuit of new legislation governing gun rights, abortion and marriage.? They found support through tea-party activism and formed their own legislative coalition."

"During two meetings recorded by the aide, Courser and Gamrat, who is also married and has three children, did not dispute the aide?s characterization of their relationship as an extramarital affair. Courser and Gamrat combined their office operations, having three aides work for both of them."

Politician reportedly leaked fake male prostitution e-mails to hide his real affair

Gotta love those "homespun" teabagger family values!!

"Of Courser"

"State Rep. Todd Courser today introduced legislation that ends government involvement in performing wedding ceremonies and puts that responsibility in the hands of religious leaders."

"Rep. Courser, R-Lapeer, introduced House Bills 4731, 4732 and 4733, which place the officiating of marriages back in the realm of churches."

“In anticipation of the U.S. Supreme Court ruling on same-sex marriage, I believe the timing is right for this legislation. These bills take our public officials on all levels out of the equation and frees them from sanctioning marriages that go against their beliefs,” Rep. Courser said. “I stand wholeheartedly and unequivocally for traditional marriage, and feel the definition of marriage should not be within the realm of the federal government. The contract that has been in place for thousands of years is between a man and his wife on one side and God on the other side.”

"Under the legislation, the licensing components of marriage would remain a government responsibility, but municipal and judicial officials would no longer have the ability to perform wedding ceremonies. The bills protect public officials from being forced to perform same-sex marriages."

“These various entries into marriage by government inserted the secular power of the state into a spot it was never intended to be by our Founding Fathers,” Rep. Courser said. “This legislation will strengthen the concept of religious freedom and liberty upon which America was built.”

"Rep. Courser is drafting companion legislation he calls the Pastors’ Protection Act that ensures religious leaders will not be forced to perform marriages that go against their beliefs."

http://gophouse.org/rep-courser-bills-end-states-role-in-performing-marriage-ceremonies/

Lying and corrupt "Christian" lawmakers SUCK

This is a thinly veiled attempt by this cheating crook and his Rethug ilk to circumvent the Obergefell v. Hodges SCOTUS ruling. Now that he and Labrat..err..Gamrat have been exposed, hopefully his bigoted legislation will soon die in Lansing.

Last edited:
"LANSING, MI ? Today, State Representative Cindy Gamrat introduced legislation to establish that life begins at conception."

?Our nation was founded on the precepts of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; life is inherently precious and at the core of all liberty,? said Gamrat. ?Our state should lead the way in declaring that each person has inherent value and worth and that we will protect the lives of the most innocent and vulnerable among us.?

"The bill, which has been assigned the number of House Bill 4279, has garnered 22 co-sponsors in the Michigan House of Representatives."

Representative Cindy Gamrat introduces ?Life at Conception? legislation

"This bill would give constitutional rights to fertilized eggs, embryos, and fetuses, and would ban abortion with no exception for rape or incest. The bill might also ban birth control pills, IUDs, and emergency contraception. In addition, it might eliminate certain medical choices for women, including some cancer treatments and in vitro fertilization, and might lead to investigation and prosecution of women who miscarry to determine if their own actions caused the death of the fetus.

Michigan Life at Conception Bill (HB 4279)

So much for conservatives not wanting to make birth control illegal, as was posted in the EM Drive thread. I wonder how many piously pro-life rightwingers would want their wives to carry full-term, a pregnancy that was a result of their spouses having been raped?

The more deeply that I dig into the personal and political backgrounds of Courser and Gamrat, the deeper that the batshit-crazy Fundie fascism gets. This may or may not be of interest to those members of DSF, who are not or are no longer directly or indirectly affected by MI's Republican-majority legislators and government, but it definitely gives a classic case study look into the internal feuds for control and power that is ongoing between the aging old-guard GOP and the younger and rabidly extremist Tea Party or Tealibangelicals, as I prefer to call them.

Reading their bellicose rants and piously ignorant online profiles with the knowledge of their messy criminal coverup & resulting utter fail of their illicit sexual relationship just exacerbates their laughably bigoted and sociopath hypocrisy. Both are domestic terrorists, who would gleefully turn the US into a Dominionist Theocratic Oligarchy.

Todd Courser hits Lansing like a cannonball

Courser rant about his lover Gamrat's ejection from MIGOP Caucus

Gamrat's Facebook page, replete with comments by her naive sycophants and gullible supporters

Courser's Facebook page, replete with comments by his naive sycophants and gullible supporters

Read Todd Courser's Full False Flag Email Uncensored (Warning: Explicit Content)

Meet the MichiganSTRONG Team

Gamrat's political and campaign team, comprised of 10 supporters, 3 who are her own homeschooled children, 4 who are unrelated teens, and two adults, one with ties to the astroturfed, Koch brothers supported and underwritten "Americans For Prosperity"

Despite the swirling scamdal surrounding them, apparently Courser still intends to run for US Rep. Candace Miller's 10th Distriict, soon to be vacated Congressional seat. Miller, herself a staunch Republican & being the former MI SoS, who plans to retire, has publicly demanded for Courser's resignation.

Michigan Congresswoman joins call for Rep. Todd Courser to resign for cover up of alleged affair

Last edited:
The more deeply that I dig into the personal and political backgrounds of Courser and Gamrat, the deeper that the batshit-crazy Fundie fascism gets. This may or may not be of interest to those members of DSF, who are not or are no longer directly or indirectly affected by MI's Republican-majority legislators and government, but it definitely gives a classic case study look into the internal feuds for control and power that is ongoing between the aging old-guard GOP and the younger and rabidly extremist Tea Party or Tealibangelicals, as I prefer to call them.

Reading their bellicose rants and piously ignorant online profiles with the knowledge of their messy criminal coverup & resulting utter fail of their illicit sexual relationship just exacerbates their laughably bigoted and sociopath hypocrisy. Both are domestic terrorists, who would gleefully turn the US into a Dominionist Theocratic Oligarchy.

Todd Courser hits Lansing like a cannonball

Courser rant about his lover Gamrat's ejection from MIGOP Caucus

Gamrat's Facebook page, replete with comments by her naive sycophants and gullible supporters

Courser's Facebook page, replete with comments by his naive sycophants and gullible supporters

Read Todd Courser's Full False Flag Email Uncensored (Warning: Explicit Content)

Meet the MichiganSTRONG Team

Gamrat's political and campaign team, comprised of 10 supporters, 3 who are her own homeschooled children, 4 who are unrelated teens, and two adults, one with ties to the astroturfed, Koch brothers supported and underwritten "Americans For Prosperity"

Despite the swirling scamdal surrounding them, apparently Courser still intends to run for US Rep. Candace Miller's 10th Distriict, soon to be vacated Congressional seat. Miller, herself a staunch Republican & being the former MI SoS, who plans to retire, has publicly demanded for Courser's resignation.

Michigan Congresswoman joins call for Rep. Todd Courser to resign for cover up of alleged affair

the hits just keep coming on this guy in the Freep. It seems like over his political career (he's mostly a loser; I think this is the first election he's won) "making up sex scandals about himself" is like his GO TO political strategy.

It's really bizarre... but very Tea Party Christian. Right in line with how you'd expect them to behave.

Apparently Courser defeated his Rethug primary opponent by merely 300 votes, partly by using the false flag strategy. This through cunningly planting anonymous notices of his sexual deviant behavior scattered around downtown Lapeer, then playing the unjustly accused & maligned innocent victim card while soliciting sympathy from the more sanctimonious teabagger voters in his district.

From just reading the banal sympathetic and forgiveness posts on both Courser and Gamrat's Facebool pages, I don't think that Courser really needed to do a "controlled burn" to "inoculate the herd" from their illicit sexual liaisons. He just made it far worse by involving his aides in his scheme, then firing them for refusing to cooperate. By using their office to concoct and attempt to carry out this coverup, they made it possible for his Rethug detractors in Lansing to pursue legal avenues for potential criminal prosecution and public calls for their ouster. Both have been ejected from the MIGOP Caucus, this despite creating and introducing legislation that obviously is exactly what virtually every Reichwinger that is worth his or her sociopath "salt" vehemently wants to implement throughout every state in the Union.

Perhaps Courser's true reason for initiating the coverup is b/c he intends to seek higher office as MI's 10th district US Representative for Congress. Obviously there are more intelligent and informed voters of both major paties than there are in the more "backwoods" voting populace in the rural 40th District of Lapeer. Not to mention the likelyhood of facing far more stiffer and better-funded competition and opposition in a race for Miller's vacated seat.

Apparently neither Gamrat or Courser intends to resign from office. Both are still blithely updating their profiles online and on Facebook. They have posted no apologies or acknowledgements that they have made a mockery out of their faux-pious stand of hypocritically pledging to restore their bigoted and exclusionary idea of what the "sanctity of marriage" is here in Michigan.

Last edited:
Lapeer is just north of Clarkston, right? tLiar land.

Just browsed a Daily Kos thread about this scamdal. It is still highly viral and being discussed on many political sites and blogs nationwide. It kinda stings when I read posts that summarily dismisses this once "Great" Lake State as "b/c Michigan" when it was more well known as an important and active bastion of progressive and liberal ideas, especially in the revolutionary John Sinclair/Lennon era. Now it is linked to being as redder as Kid Crock and ex-"Motor City Madman" Turd Stoogent.

Last edited:
Just browsed a Daily Kos thread about this scamdal. It is still highly viral and being discussed on many political sites and blogs nationwide. It kinda stings when I read posts that summarily dismisses this once "Great" Lake State as "b/c Michigan" when it was more well known as an important and active bastion of progressive and liberal ideas, especially in the revolutionary John Sinclair/Lennon era. Now it is being linked to being as redder as Kid Crock and ex-"Motor City Madman" Turd Stoogent.

pretty much. but to hear Byco & like-minded folks tell it, despite decades now of a staggering redistribution of wealth and opportunity to favor the few privileged members of society and their hereditarily wealthy offspring, we're sliding into communism because, these ghetto kids have iphones these days with the twitter and instagrams, and gay marriage.

pretty much. but to hear Byco & like-minded folks tell it, despite decades now of a staggering redistribution of wealth and opportunity to favor the few privileged members of society and their hereditarily wealthy offspring, we're sliding into communism because, these ghetto kids have iphones these days with the twitter and instagrams, and gay marriage.

That seems kinda "queer" given that most red states have historically been net federal tax recipients, and as a percentage of race, poor "white trash" has been sucking on the government teat almost as much and as long as teh blacks have. The recent SCOTUS ruling regarding "Citizens United" may, if not will negatively affect many of them as well, but apparently sacrificing their own for their "patriotic" causes, the end results justify the nastier means to accomplish them.

The rightwings hypocrisy is highlighted by their supposedly religious/morality based pro-embryo/fetus defense, and life begins @ conception blatherings. This despite, as I have posted before, their overriding mantra of personal responsibility that takes effect immediately upon birth. The late comedian George Carlin had also spoken about that in some of his many onstage routines over the years.

It sort of mystifies me that they would want what would very likely be tens of millions more being born that would very quickly, if not immediately be living on government assistance and welfare. But they also desire "smaller government" that actually and in reality means the deep reduction, or better still, the complete elimination of government programs that assist the poor, disabled, and elderly, in favor of the redistribution of those funds to the MIC, defense, farm and Pharma subsidies, corporate welfare (b/c they are the so-called job creators, nvm that the jobs being created are mostly off-shored or outsourced from the elimination of US jobs).

So their pro-life logic begins @ conception and ends @ birth. Then they can "legislatively" wash their hands of any responsibility for the fate of these unsupported and unwanted infants. Many claim that they can be put up for adoption, but there already are tens of thousands who age out of foster care w/o ever being adopted.I consider what the rightwings' ultimate goal to be the equivalent of legislated genocide. In order to "take their country back" they are rewriting US history books, privatizing education and prisons. and creating ever-restrictive voter ID laws, with many advocating for a Constitutional amendment obligating those who wish to register to vote being required to provide proof of recent income-tax refunds/payments and property ownership to qualify and be legally permitted to do so.

Last edited:
Back